Job Title: Civil/Structural Design Engineer II - 1062
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
Grade Level: 33/34
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Civil/Structural Engineer to join our Design Engineering team in Tullahoma, TN.
Civil/Structural Design Engineers
With limited guidance and direction of experienced engineers, independently design, evaluate, analyze, and assist in the design and installation of civil/structural systems, such as building structures, support structures, roofs, roadways, site work, ladders and platforms, and etc. Civil design engineers work closely with test and system engineers in development of design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list
- Develop concepts for buildings and support structures and or any other required analysis to support the proposed design. Evaluate the analysis results for suitability relative to applicable codes and standards.
- Provide engineering support to the appropriate craft workforce to facilitate maintenance and repair of existing systems. Evaluate existing systems/structures for safety, security and potential for improvement.
- Work with the design team (drafters, checkers, etc.) to produce complete design packages, including detailed drawings, analysis reports, and equipment specifications, and be capable of communicating the details of these design packages to the remaining project team (system engineers, test engineers, project managers, craft supervisors, etc.)
- Coordinate with the appropriate system engineer, craft supervisor, and/or work planner to ensure that hardware is fabricated and installed in accordance with the approved design package.
- Perform checking of work produced by less experienced Civil Engineers.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in civil or structural engineering from an accredited college or university plus two (2) to five (5) years of direct engineering experience.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the civil engineering discipline.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- Current US Citizenship
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
- A master’s degree or post-graduate coursework in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 4 years of developmental experience such as practical work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operations / maintenance in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and making good progress toward being capable of passing the Professional Engineer (PE) exam for state registration.
- Familiarity with turbine and rocket test cells, wind tunnels, space chambers, and/or arc heater facilities; or other industry product test facilities is desirable.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.