Job Title: ID&C Software Engineer I
Grade Level: 32/33
An exciting career opportunity exists for entry-level Software Engineers with primary responsibility for designing, developing, upgrading and maintaining:
- High speed/high volume data acquisition systems for ground testing of Turbine Engines, Aircraft Models, Missile Systems, and Space Systems
- Near Real-Time web browser based data display systems using modern programming techniques and languages
- Highly complex Data Processing, Data Mining, and Data Storage Systems
Software Engineers will apply programming, design, configuration management, and testing skills to develop complex systems and applications to perform the above functions, while assisting in system/application deployment, installation, maintenance, and support.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
- Software Engineers at AEDC are critical to the execution of the test mission. Specifically, duties for this entry level position include: Performance of work, generally within Software Engineering, which involves the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data acquisition, data processing and industrial control systems across the test mission, including second level maintenance.
- Participate in one or more of the following:
- Develop system requirements and design systems that are configurable and modifiable to interface with existing and future hardware and software
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise level software and systems to meet system requirements
- Perform software testing and verification
- Support software configuration management practices to ensure system integrity
- Apply system security to meet Federal Information Assurance requirements
- Prepare designs and data with minimal supervision
- Support preparation of engineering studies and reports
- Use modern design, development, testing, and configuration management tools for software systems
- Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering or a related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university and 0 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant work experience or college coursework in software engineering including design, coding, configuration control and maintenance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret level security clearance.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- M.S. degree or post-graduate coursework in a relevant field is preferred.
- Proficiency in the following: C, C++, Fortran, Java, Python, Subversion, Trac, Jenkins, and similar software development tools
- Experience programming real-time applications is a plus.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification, or higher level security certification, is preferred.
- Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to Instrumentation, Data, and Controls (ID&C) Software engineering discipline.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.