Title: Issuing Official - 1379
Operations & Maintenance
US Citizenship Required:
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Issuing Official to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- Issuing Official for ETF Groups.
- Responsible for coordination and issuing Master Work Permits for work performed in support of the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of either the ETF Groups (as assigned).
- Monitors work being performed in assigned area for safe work practices and ensure that the work place is in compliance with all AEDC/NAS safety and work clearance (aka Master Work Permit (MWP)) standards.
- Works with engineers, planners and schedulers to develop work plans for activities that require Lock-out and Tag-out (LOTO), facility operational checkouts, and coordination of work activities between multiple work crews, including TOS, FSS, and other AF contractors.Responsible to ensure work can be safely executed.
- Establish and issue Lock-out and Tag-out (LOTO) and facilitate issuance of electrical hold orders for equipment in assigned area (could include plant switchgear, motors, facility systems and equipment which includes valves, hydraulics, water, steam, nitrogen, fuels, high pressure air, service air, lube oils, glycol, dynalene, and refrigerants).
- Responsible for issuing Confined Space entry procedures and ensuring confined space entry policies are understood by personnel performing work in Propulsion areas.
- Focal point for day-to-day coordination of activities within the plant.Works closely with engineers, project managers, craft superintendents, work crews, and AF contractors to ensure work being performed in these areas is planned, scheduled, and executed in a coordinated, safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures work authorization documents are issued and approved to accomplish work activities such as work clearances, hold orders, burn permits, etc.
- Approve outages when routed for their approval.
- Serve as building Manager for ETF facilities (when assigned).These duties (when assigned) include managing the maintenance required to keep the buildings operable and issuing request in the CMMS system to have discrepancies repaired or replaced.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS degree plus 7 years of progressive and relevant work experience or any combination education and progressive and relevant experience for a total of 11 years.
- Current US citizenship required.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Must have the necessary people skills and attitude to fully embrace and support the company position on safety.
- Demonstrated skills for communicating with craftsmen, engineers, management, and AF outside contract personnel.
- Understanding/knowledge of safety processes, including LOTO concepts and requirements.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and monitor a wide variety of team efforts to their successful conclusion.
- Ability to anticipate change and to adjust promptly and effectively.
- Knowledge of industrial plant, test, and/or utility systems and equipment operational and maintenance requirements.
- Knowledge of work processes e.g. planning and scheduling, LOTO, and asset management.
- Understanding/knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical systems/equipment.
- Understanding/knowledge of Confined Space Entry requirements.
- Computer proficient including MS Office, Oracle WAM or other CMMS training and/or prior experience.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.