: Facility Tech/Foreign Assessment Engineer - 1382
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Support any Mission Execution area requiring advanced stress analysis of critical components in aerospace ground test facilities, often in support of component design
- Support development of advanced stress analysis techniques for complex structures and structures in complex environments, similar to those used by turbine engine analysts
- Perform finite element analysis for structural and thermal static and dynamic loading
- Perform work which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features
- Develop practical approaches to unique and complex analytical problems including assessments and development of analysis approaches and mathematical modeling at the right level of technical rigor for the need
- Supports the Facility Technology Engineering function with development, implementation, deploying, and adhering to common work processes and procedures across the TOS contract
- The candidate must possess a strong ability to publish and present results to a wide range of audiences ranging from junior engineer to executive level decision makers
- Provide technical guidance and independent reviews at all levels.
- Provide technical mentorship/guidance to further develop junior and senior level technical personnel
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy
- Perform other related duties as required
- B.S. degree in mechanical, civil engineering, or aerospace engineering or physics from an accredited engineering program or school plus nine to eleven years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional education can substitute for experience
- Current US Citizenship required
- Advanced degree (mechanical, civil, aerospace engineering, or physics) from an accredited engineering program or school
- Twelve + years of experience in aerospace / vehicle ground test facility analysis, modeling, and analytical approach development with particular preference for experience with AEDC facilities
- Experience and familiarity with programing languages such as, but not limited to Matlab/Simulink, Python, and C/C++
- Finite element theory and applications (ANSYS and ABAQUS)
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Thermal-structural experience
- High and low cycle fatigue experience
- Modeling Non-linear and temperature dependent non-linear material behavior in high stress and strain environments.
- Fluid-structural interaction experience. Non-Intrusive Stress Measurements Systems and strain gage data analysis.
- Experience with dynamic data analysis, FFT, and frequency domain analysis
- Fracture mechanics experience
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.