Civil/Structural Design Engineer-NLR-1410
US Citizenship Required:
- Serves as Civil Engineer support of Roads and Facilities systems
- Directly supports the function of facilities Civil Systems and back-up to other Civil Engineering (CE) facility systems support.
- Responsible subject matter expert for Roads, Bridges, Parking Lots, Facility Structures, Signs, Traffic Bollards, Guardrails, Drainage and Overhead Doors
- Ensures all regulatory requirements are complied with and all codes are met.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Perform assignments, which have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables for civil engineering.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and execution of common work processes and procedures within civil/ mechanical / aeronautical engineering across the TOS contract.
- Perform work, generally within one discipline, which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features; supports civil/ mechanical / aeronautical engineering with deploying and adhering to common engineering work processes throughout the TOS contract.
- Participate in one or more of the following:
- Equipment design and development
- System design, including concept sketches and layouts
- Testing of materials
- Preparation of specifications and design calculations
- Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
- Preparation or review of engineering studies and reports
- Preparation or review of material quantity estimates
- Uses engineering computer aided design/computer aided engineering (CAD/CAE) tools
- Participate in incident investigations
- Fitness for service evaluations
- Committees formed for specific task
- Prepare systems safety hazard analyses and verification of required mitigation measures
- Generate detailed operations and maintenance work instructions, guidelines, procedures, and checklists
- Develop and maintain an effective preventive maintenance and asset management program for assigned systems.
- Interface / collaborate with other engineering disciplines, project managers, craft supervision and planners / schedulers, to ensure that the systems they are responsible for are ready to run properly when required and that maintenance outages are planned, coordinated, and properly scheduled.
- Provide technical guidance to craft personnel in setup, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and removal of systems
- Prepare letters for replies to vendor correspondence.
- Monitor schedule within discipline. Assist in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
- Review design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate to advanced degree of complexity, and prepares comments and recommendations.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in civil engineering from an accredited university and 10 years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Direct experience with roads and traffic systems and facility structural systems with a large industrial complex or public entity
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the civil engineering discipline.
- Current United States Citizenship is required.
- Experience and knowledge of road and traffic systems and facility structural systems
- Large industrial complex or public entity work experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, to include both oral and written communication.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Active DOD security clearance.
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a JOB TITLE HERE
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.