Title: Test Operations Engineer-NLR-01418-1
Function: Test Operations
Position Type: Casual
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
The successful candidate will function as the subject matter expert for G-Range projectile design. Troubleshoot issues related to the design of projectiles in Ranges. Mentor current team is test and model development for G-Range. Represent NAS in discussions with or presentations to client, management, test customers, or senior technical personnel.
- Provide leadership and technical advice to entry level, junior level and peer level engineers in G-range testing and projectile development.
- G-Range Engineering specialist for test development
- Review engineering or scientific concepts, drawings, calculations and specifications.
- Provide guidance and direction to specialty scientific or engineering personnel in the development of plans, criteria and specifications.
- Conduct or lead special studies on economic feasibility and on test methods and materials.
- Support mishap and incident investigations and related root-cause analyses.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS degree in Engineering or related technical discipline and a minimum of 17 years of AEDC work experience, preferably in systems engineering and / or operations engineering, including systems start-up, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or engineering/construction firms, but may be in other relevant types of engineering/science including staff design engineering, applied science, or specialty engineering.
- Greater than 7 years demonstrated AEDC experience in G-Range on projectile design and test setup.
- Current US citizenship required.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Test Operations Engineer
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.