Job Title: Instrumentation Engineer II NFAC
Department/Branch: Mission Execution/NFAC
Functional Branch: Engineering
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Grade Level: 33/34
An exciting career opportunity exists for an experienced Instrumentation Engineer supporting a team of engineers and technicians conducting tests in the largest wind tunnel in the world.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test Operations and Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), National Full-scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) at Moffett Field, CA. The NFAC provides the United States with the capability of performing ground-based aerodynamic and acoustic experiments at speeds from static to nearly 350mph on large-scale and full-scale aerospace vehicles and components. This complex includes a 40- by 80-foot Wind Tunnel and an 80- by 120-foot Wind Tunnel.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground test and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
- Work will be performed at the National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) located at Moffett Field, California.
- Define, design, and setup instrumentation systems in the NFAC test facility.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard instrumentation engineering methods, techniques, and criteria to support wind tunnel tests.
- Interfaces with test customers to establish test requirements to allow for instrumentation/data-acquisition configuration design, setup and documentation.
- Provides installation and checkout support during testing.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains customer test article instrumentation systems.
- Performs system maintenance, calibrations, upgrades, and documentation of facility instrumentation systems.
- Helps create scope, requirements, schedules, and design drawing packages for test instrumentation (AutoCAD experience desirable).
- Works closely with customers and test team to establish design requirements to meet test objectives and implement modifications for a successful entry in the wind tunnel.
- Coordinates work activities of NFAC technicians and outside contractors.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in electrical or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university plus 1 to 4 years of relevant and progressive experience with instrumentation/data acquisition systems.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction. The working environment is highly dynamic and will require managing several different projects simultaneously.
- Position will be surrounded with a staff of technicians and engineers of varying disciplines, so the ability to work well and effectively communicate with others is critical.
- Current U S citizenship required.
- Prior experience in aerospace test facilities.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.