Title: Engineering Technical Specialist - 1483
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Non-Exempt
Grade: TN ET5
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
- Serve as building manager for the AMSC.
- Support various RBA/DBA projects as data processor and data package preparer.
- Serve as the J6 data packages preparer, and help set up day of firing activities. For all J6 tests, prepare the day of test data package, the 10-day data package, a 20-day data package and a final data package.
- Serve as the J6 security monitor for all visitors (customer, etc) during firing events
- Serve as an AMSC area monitor, and the assistant security manager for the AMSC complex.
- Supports the 25 year declassification project.
- Serve as the primary security “air gap” operator for both classified and unclassified media, and support/oversee the storage of classified media.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- An Associates Degree (AS) in computer science (or equivalent), or ten years’ experience in data processing.
- Working knowledge of security as it relates to DoD; AEDC closed areas, classified systems/media, and communication/transfer of such sensitive media.
- Knowledge of the J6 motor firing event activities.
- Knowledge of AEDC contractor Building manager responsibilities.
- Current United States Citizenship is required.
- Educational concentration and / or work experience with classified systems/media.
- Work experience or familiarity with J6 test motor firings, especially with day of test activities.
- Security related work experience, especially with closed areas, and monitoring of such areas including responsibilities as air gap operator for both unclassified/classified media.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Engineering Technical Specialist
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.