: Facility Manager - Tunnel 9 - 1559A
US Citizenship Required
An exciting career opportunity exists for an experienced Facility and Building Maintenance Manager as a member of the team that supports the engineers and technicians who operate and maintain the Air Force’s and Department of Defense’s primary high Mach number and high Reynolds number facility for hypersonic ground testing and the validation of computational simulations.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC at the Hypervelocity Wind Tunnel No. 9 (Tunnel 9) located at the Silver Spring, MD site of AEDC. Tunnel 9 provides aerodynamic simulation critical to hypersonic system development and hypersonic vehicle technologies at speeds from Mach 7 to Mach 18. Tunnel 9 is the highest Reynolds number, largest scale ground test facility in the world capable of simultaneously collecting continuous pitch polar static force and moment, pressure and heat-transfer data during each run.
AEDC is the nation’s largest aerospace ground test facility complex that includes 58 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized test units. Twenty-seven of the test units have capabilities unmatched in the United States and 14 have capabilities unmatched in the world. Using its ground test facilities, AEDC supports propulsion, aerodynamic, reentry, trans-atmospheric and spaceflight systems testing.
NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force to ensure the long-term viability of the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) while ensuring mission success, ultimately securing AEDC’s long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and ground testing.
Perform the role of Facility and Building Maintenance Manager to assure the effective functioning of the buildings, grounds, and utilities to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes.
- Maintain existing or develop and implement a facility and infrastructure management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Conduct and document regular facility, building, and infrastructure inspections and then develop and implement solutions for resolution of deficiencies and recommend upgrades.
- Develop proposals and cost estimates for future upgrades and improvements.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes (OSHA, Air Force, Maryland, etc.)
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency and coordinate intra-office moves and space for new employees.
- Oversee maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment using both internal resources and subcontractors.
- Manage refurbishments and renovations and develop and maintain realistic project schedules and budgets.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as cleaning, catering, and waste disposal.
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency, develop and implement cost reduction initiatives, and implement unique solutions where allowed.
- Obtain quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers and be able to calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness.
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost savings.
- Coordinate and monitor activities of contract suppliers, check completed work by contractors and vendors, and verify payment and invoices.
- Develop and maintain contractor and vendor relationships.
- Manage and review yearly service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met.
- Prepare and track facility and project budgets.
- Advise on and monitor energy efficiency.
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures.
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification such as project management, business management or construction management plus seven (7) to nine (9) years of progressive and relevant experience in facilities and construction management or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility and building operations.
- Current US Citizenship
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Experience with government facilities and regulations
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of the following:
- Project management
- Business administration
- Financial principles and practices
- Electrical and mechanical systems
- Procurement and contracts
- Health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Solid computer and systems knowledge.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Skilled at written and oral communication
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.