Title: Engineering Technician V (Data Center Operator) - 1649
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Non-Exempt
Grade: TN ET5
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
- Support the efforts of engineers, technicians, and technologists in technical work within an assigned discipline.
- Support the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Perform non-routine and complex assignments independently in test computer rooms and other areas as required. Typical duties include the following:
- Perform test support duties associated with operating data acquisition and recording computers running Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Perform computer system operations associated with the recording and storage of test data in a data center environment.
- Perform computer-related activities, such as preparing input data and using computer programs for computerized solution of technical problems.
- Support recording, processing, transmission, and archival of test data.
- Perform local system and test data backups and migration of backup data to mass storage for offsite backup and disaster recovery.
- Provide user support and troubleshooting in the resolution of issues associated with data recording, processing, transmission and archival.
- Operate air-gap computer workstations to validate that external media is safe for use on production computer systems
- Support basic hardware tasks, such as replacing hard disks, patching fiber optic and network cabling, etc.
- Use, write and update work instructions used for critical data center processes.
- Develop and maintain the inventory system used to manage the operational supply inventory.
- Serve as security custodian of data center(s). Working in conjunction with the industrial security office, ensure computer room physical security requirements are implemented and maintained.
- Assist engineers in reviewing and recommending action on client requests for engineering change orders and obtains the required approvals.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Two years of college with courses in an applicable technical field, and a minimum of 7 years of progressive and relevant work experience to the degree necessary to perform the outlined responsibilities. Additional relevant education may be substituted for experience.
- Current US Citizenship is required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Knowledge of computer system technology and applications; familiarity with application of computers to engineering problems.
- Basic skills in oral and written communication.
- Must have mathematical or computer expertise or a combination of the same.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.