Title: Finance Internship - Summer 2021
Position Type: Casual, Internship
Pay Type: Non-exempt, salaried
Grade: TN AC3
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
In order to be considered for an internship opportunity, your current grade point average (GPA) must be listed on your resume.
is responsible for the design, operation, and maintenance of the infrastructure required to test flight, defense, and aerospace systems in the test facilities at AEDC. This infrastructure includes compressors, hydraulic systems, refrigeration systems, heaters, dryers, power systems, control systems, and more. We do not design the vehicles, but we ground test models and subassembly here at Arnold Air Force Base to provide our customers with the data they need to make decisions on design and flight-worthiness.
The NAS Internship Program offers
10-12 week full time summer internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other related business degree. Interns selected must commit to working 40 hours per week from May through August. As part of the internship, students are paired with Finance professionals who serve as the students’ mentors. Students complete assigned work gaining valuable experience in their fields of study while contributing to Air Force and NAS missions. Interns will be required to present a briefing to senior management on work accomplished, lessons learned, and further recommended actions.
- Finance professionals perform varied professional accounting or financial work requiring the standardized application of well‑established principles, theories, concepts, and practices as well developing and maintaining a compliant payroll system. Interns will job shadow and provide support with typical duties listed below by function.
- Perform accounting and finance functions to support ongoing financial operations. This includes tasks such as processing of transactions, recording cost allocations and distributions, reconciling data, performing variance analyses, obtaining and verifying financial forecasts.
- Assist with the monthly general ledger close, including recording entries in financial systems, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and preparing necessary financial reports for various stakeholders across the organization as well as the corporate parent.
- Analyze, audit, reconcile, and resolve payroll processing and employee payroll issues. Assist in ensuring smooth processing of the payroll cycle and ensure reporting and payments are compliant with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles. Review submissions to ensure they are complete and accurate. Communicate with the appropriate personal and benefit providers as necessary to resolve issues and problems.
- Prepare various financial reports, internal control reports, and other reports as requested by management.
- Review and verify accuracy of entries and accounting classifications, summarize key areas of concern, and highlight problems.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other related business degree at a college or university.
- Satisfactory completion of at least one year of study as a full-time student in one of the above listed disciplines at the time the internship begins. Graduate students are also welcome to apply.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Basic English skills in oral and written communication are required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Current U.S. Citizenship required
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.