Title: Engineering Technical Specialist - 1915
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Engineering Technical Specialist
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
The successful candidate will have the ability and knowledge to setup and operate complex instrumentation and corresponding data acquisition systems in support of Technology Innovations development tasks. The candidate will also have basic computer skills as well as some programming skills. The working environment is highly dynamic and will require managing several different tasks simultaneously. Position work closely with a staff of technicians and engineers/physicists of varying disciplines/degrees, so the ability to work well, and effectively communicate with others is critical.
- Select and apply standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Independently and under the direction of the principle engineer; perform test support project assignments associated with the configuration, setup and validation of data, control, electro-optic and other instrumentation systems meeting test customer requirements; company standards, procedures, and work instructions.
- Interface with scientific instrument vendors for operation, maintenance and calibration
- Work with craft personnel supporting the configuration, setup and validation of dynamic and/or steady-state data and instrumentation systems required to meet test customer requirements.
- Respond to and resolve complex measurement problems as they arise during test operations and development.
- Coordinate/Report problems to senior engineering staff and management.
- Assist in the development of cost estimates for test data and control requirements.
- Ensure systems are calibrated and traceable to calibration and data quality standards.
- Monitor and report progress for own assigned work tasks to the project engineer and/or projectcontrol account manager (CAM)
- Assist in development and manufacture of hardware in support of advanced measurement and diagnostic systems
- Assist with set up and operations in development of optical systems including cameras, lasers, and associated controls programs.
- A willingness to work a temporary altered schedule is mandatory due to the unpredictability of required test support.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required
High school diploma or equivalent. Any equivalent combination of relevant vocational or other relevant education and/or training and specialized progressive experience working with laser and optics components for a minimum total of eleven (11) years; or Bachelor’s degree in a non-technical field and seven (7) years of relevant or specialized progressive experience.
- United States Citizenship required
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish complex tasks required to configure and validate instrumentation, controls, measurement, and recording equipment during test operations.
- Experience using Class 4 continuous wave and pulsed lasers, solid state, dye and gas lasers
- Experience with Electro-Optical systems and components
- Experience with software such as LabVIEW, CAD software, Access databases, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.