Title: IS&T Server Administrator-1962 (Multiple Positions)
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions, LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment (TOS) at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
This position is a part of the work scope awarded to the TOS contract that is currently a part of the BCITS contract at AEDC. Preference for hiring will be given to current employees performing the scope of work transitioning to the TOS contract.
NAS currently has an exciting career opportunity available for experienced IS&T Server Administrators to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- Provide server administration and support for ATMSS Business Systems and TOS managed Government IT system networks. (ATMSS Business Systems servers are provided by the BCITS contractor as a PaaS)
- Configuration and management of server infrastructure
- Implement server and application backup configuration and recovery.
- Regular patching of server operating system and related components.
- Apply and maintain DISA STIG’s compliance.
- Collaborate with application engineers/developers and administrators to develop server configuration requirements necessary for optimal server compatibility and performance.
- Coordinate and document change requests and execute changes in accordance with authorization. Provide after-action analysis and reporting.
- Monitor server workloads, establish benchmarks, and produce utilization reports as requested.Monitor for anomalous or suspicious workloads on system behavior and support investigations as required.
- Document system architecture and configuration baselines.
- Provide Tier 2 end user troubleshooting server related support through the ticket support system.
- Provide secondary system administration support for Linux and Windows based workstations and servers, printers, and other peripheral IT equipment.
- Support and remediate any issues with Business Systems outside of normal assigned shift.
- Support the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Provide support to AEDC Customer and other contractors.
- Interface with the appropriate TOS or BCITS contractor Information Assurance Manager to ensure compliance with information assurance regulations and best practices.
- Ensure Cybersecurity requirements are consistently documented, maintained, evaluated and compliant for Government IT system networks and ATMSS Business Systems including components of systems.
- Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (personal protective equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems and 3 to 6 years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Current US Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Security+ certification
- Experience with configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Windows Operating System
- Knowledge of IS&T related networking, hardware, and software.
- Experience with the following: Unix\Linux\Windows workstation and server environments, mass storage, networking, boundaries firewall, routing, HPC, patching, ACAS, VLAN’s, VMWare, Redhat, active directory, Solarwinds, and SCCM.
- Experience with tools such as SCCM to configure automated patch deployment.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Skilled at building and maintaining personnel and customer relationships.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Active DoD security clearance