Title: IS&T Database Administrator (DBA)-1958 Multiple Positions
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions, LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment (TOS) at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
This position is a part of the work scope awarded to the TOS contract that is currently a part of the BCITS contract at AEDC. Preference for hiring will be given to current employees performing the scope of work transitioning to the TOS contract.
NAS currently has an exciting career opportunity available for experienced IS&T Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- Oracle database management including, but not limited to, backup/recovery, quarterly patching, hardware/software upgrades, performance tuning, maintenance, support, etc.
- Work with team to support Business Systems utilizing Oracle and/or SQL Server databases.
- Monitor and perform backup/recovery operations.
- Learning and incorporating new features/functionality.
- Upgrade planning and coordination.
- Apply appropriate DISA STIG’s as applicable to sustain compliance with Information Assurance requirements.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues such as database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, log shipping, security, etc.
- Design, development, sustainment, and deployment of database systems.
- Support and remediate any issues with Business Systems outside of normal assigned shift.
- Provide Tier 2 end user troubleshooting support for Business Systems through the ticket support system.
- Support the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Provide support to AEDC Customer and other contractors.
- Ensure Cybersecurity requirements are consistently documented, maintained, evaluated and compliant for Government IT system networks including components of systems.
- Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (personal protective equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Science, or Information Systems and 3 to 6 years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Current US Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- DD8570 compliant, IAT Level II certification
- Security+ Certification
- Oracle database management including backup/recovery, performance tuning, maintenance, and support
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL, triggers, indexing, procedures, views, etc.
- Experience with the following; Toad for Oracle, Oracle OEM, Oracle 11g/12g, MS SQL Server 2005 or higher, Windows 10, Windows Server OS, Linux OS, Visio, Microsoft Office, ODBC’s, SQL Server Management Studio, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience in department practices and procedures
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Skilled at building and maintaining personnel and customer relationships
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Active DoD security clearance