Title: IS&T Network Engineer-1961
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
NNational Aerospace Solutions, LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment (TOS) at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
This position is a part of the work scope awarded to the TOS contract that is currently a part of the BCITS contract at AEDC. Preference for hiring will be given to current employees performing the scope of work transitioning to the TOS contract.
NAS currently has an exciting career opportunity available for an experienced IS&T Network Engineer to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- Maintain oversight and responsibility for network resources supporting specific Government IT system networks.
- Develop and maintain network architecture drawings
- Performs administration, configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of networking hardware, services, and protocols.
- Interface with Government counterparts for support of network boundary services.
- Analyzes staff and customer needs and requirements to assess enhancements and new services to current network capabilities; proposes solutions, including budgets and schedules, to address future upgrades in terms of hardware and/or software upgrades.
- Works with other team members to proactively identify and resolve shortfalls in current capabilities before they impact facility network operations.
- Design, development, sustainment, and deployment of Government IT system networks.
- Works with the Information Assurance Manager to ensure compliance with information assurance regulations and best practices.
- Ensure Cybersecurity requirements are consistently documented, maintained, evaluated and compliant for Government IT system networks including components of systems.
- Support and remediate any issues with Government IT system networks outside of normal assigned shift.
- Provide end user troubleshooting support for Government IT system networks through the ticket support system.
- Support the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Provide support to AEDC Customer and other contractors.
- Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (personal protective equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree focusing on Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems and a minimum of 4 to 10 years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- U S Citizenship required
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Certified Cisco CNE, Cisco CNA, or equivalent
- Experience with networking topologies, routing, firewalls, hardware, and cabling.
- Active Top Secret DoD security clearance
- Certified Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Some prior experience managing a test, capital improvement, maintenance, training, or overhead project, or at least a portion of a project budget.
- Experience with troubleshooting, repairing, specifying, and upgrading computer and networking hardware.
- Experience with the following: Unix\Linux\Windows workstation and server environments, mass storage, networking, boundaries firewall, routing, HPC, patching, ACAS, VLAN’s, VMWare, Redhat, active directory, and Solarwinds.
- Practical experience designing, building, deploying and managing the communication infrastructure to support high speed networking for heterogenous computing environments supporting servers and clients running Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of IEEE standards required for establishing connectivity using both copper and fiber cabling to support interfaces requiring 10GigE, GigE, Fiber Channel Architecture, Converged Enhanced Ethernet, and Hyper Channel Architecture.
- Experience with implementing boundary controls on appliances and routers in accordance with DoD regulation and policies.
- Experience with traffic analysis using software tools such as Wireshark.
- Experience Microsoft Visio or AutoCAD to maintain network diagrams.