Title: Engineering Technical Specialist - 1939
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
The primary responsibility of this position is independent performance test support project assignments associated with the development of the instrument book and data system setup database per test customer requirements; company standards, procedures, and work instructions; generalized senior engineer and/or supervisor direction and other precedents of the discipline. Specific job duties include the following:
- Independently perform test support project assignments associated with the configuration, setup and validation of data, control, and instrumentation systems per test customer requirements; company standards, procedures, and work instructions; generalized senior engineer and/or supervisor direction: and other precedents of the discipline.
- Participate in one or more of the following job duties:
- Assign instrumentation and control test requirements into available systems and patching.Ensure test cell hook-up limits are not exceeded. Coordinate with engineering and user to define requirements within capability.
- Develop instrument book and setup database for data acquisition system(s) based on measurement requirements gathered from instrumentation engineer and customer test requirements documents.
- Coordinate and assist in development, review, approval and vaulting of ID&C related work instructions.
- Coordinate release and execution of test work instructions and lead craft personnel in the configuration, setup and validation of dynamic and/or steady-state data and instrumentation systems required to meet test customer requirements.
- Analyze and/or evaluate data and system operation during test operations based upon techniques prescribed by, senior engineers or supervisors to ensure that systems are functioning to specifications during test operations.
- Respond to and resolve measurement discrepancies as they arise during test operations. Report problems to senior engineering staff and management.
- Ensure systems are calibrated and traceable to calibration and data quality standards.
- Coordinate complex engineering and administrative problems needing resolution with engineers, test customers, and other test team members.
- Monitor and report progress for own assigned work tasks and ID&C tasks performed by craft personnel under engineering direction
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS degree in a relevant field and five (5) years progressive and relevant experience; or equivalent combination of relevant vocational training/education and progressive and relevant experience for a total of nine (9) years.
- Current US Citizenship is required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Experience and ability necessary to work independently to accomplish tasks required to configure and validate instrumentation, controls, measurement, and recording equipment during test operations.
- Experience with Microsoft Access or similar database applications.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication
- Active DoD security clearance
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.