Title: AB-Plant Mechanical Engineering Supervisor-2024
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading Engine Test Facility (ETF) A-B Plant Operations and Mechanical System Engineers group; approximately 12 engineers. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing Craft Superintendents, as well as the assigned Mechanical/OE skilled craft workforce (approximately 3 superintendents and 51 skilled craft).
- Lead AB-Plant Maintenance and Operations and the Mechanical System Engineering team
- Responsible for overseeing Plant Superintendents, as well as the assigned Mechanical/OE craft for ETF Plants
- Conducts performance assessments, including annual performance reviews, in accordance with approved NAS procedures and holds career development discussions with reports.
- Lead operations and maintenance planning meetings as required to support test and maintenance efforts.
- Coordinates and supervises the RBA test, as well as the DBA maintenance and investment activities for the assigned plant grouping. Responsible for interpreting, organizing, coordinating and executing these activities from a technical, as well as a resource staffing point of view. Forecasts engineering and craft staffing requirements for these activities and provides inputs to next level management.
- Oversees the change control and configuration management process for the assets associated with the assigned plant grouping.
- Performs technical review of all asset documentation including operations and maintenance (O&M) hazard analyses, PM maintenance activities documentation (PM waivers and deferrals), Asset Condition Assessment (ACA’s), work instructions for these mechanical assets and enforces common work practices and procedures to ensure consistency.
- Coordinates with the appropriate Test Area Supervisor to lead the TOS team (multi-discipline & multi-functional area) to execute the RBA test projects assigned to the assigned plant grouping. Supports the appropriate Test Area supervisor with estimates and technical inputs to create the project plan.
- Work closely with the Capital Improvements project team to ensure successful execution of those projects.
- Provides input to the annual budget cycle, including resource requirements for administrative, engineering and craft personnel (mechanical discipline), along with material and utility requirements, for all RBA test and DBA maintenance and investment projects for the assigned test cell grouping.
- Performs and manages the work in accordance with relevant NAS and TOS procedures and AEDC standards and requirements including national consensus codes and federal requirements.
- Makes recommendation to Engineering Management of key personnel for project assignments.
- Develop long term planning goals for the facilities of responsibility.
- Work closely with Project Controls to manage test and maintenance budgets
- Champions the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communications, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Exemplifies the company core value and convent of safety in all aspects of job including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with company policy.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in engineering from an accredited university and a minimum 7 to 12 years progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive, relevant experience to include experience in facility maintenance/analysis, design, and/or test operations
- Current United States Citizenship is required.
- Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a desire to lead
- Prior experience/familiarity in ground test/maintenance process or complex industrial operations
- Professional Society involvement and certifications (PE, PMP, CMRP, etc.)
- Ability to build rapport with others, building and maintaining trusted relationships with employees, client, and test customers.
- Ability and desire to mentor and develop diverse talent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Lead continual improvement culture
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of related safety measures and setting a good example for others with respect to safety.
- Experience with AEDC systems, processes, procedures, and work instructions.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Engineering Supervisor
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.