Title: CAD Operator – NLR-2099
Position Type: Casual
Pay Type: Non-Exempt
Grade: TN DR1
US Citizenship Required
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Drafter / CAD Operator I - Co-Op
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
Under general supervision, and according to established standards and procedures, prepares engineering drawings from rough sketches, marked-up prints, or from general engineering and design information. Supervisor provides detailed instructions on new assignments, gives guidance when questions arise, and reviews completed work for accuracy.
Typical assignments may include:
- Prepare complete engineering drawings or diagrams delineating equipment, engineered systems, structures and plant arrangements with sufficient detail in drawings to guide manufacturers in developing shop drawings and to guide construction in their work.
- Work under direction in the graphic preparation of conceptual drawings and plant layouts using Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Develop complete engineering drawings from information provided verbally, on sketches or in notes; plans related drawing sequence to convey complete engineering information.
- Make basic mathematical calculations related to the group’s drawing responsibilities.
- Prepare “as-built” drawings to reflect changes to designated work during construction, operations.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Current enrollment in a Computer Aided Design training program with a minimum of six (6) months of vocational school training and basic CAD experience already completed.
- Current US Citizenship is required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Basic computer skills such as use of Microsoft Office products, file naming, and computer folder structures.
- Basic understanding of 2-D CAD drafting techniques for simple drawings based on information from others, engineering drawings, graphic arts, reading of drawings and reproduction methods used by the engineering group.
- Experience with Autodesk software, particularly AutoCAD and Inventor
- Experience with 3D modeling
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.