Title: Pipefitter - 2105
Operations & Maintenance
US Citizenship Required:
Starting hourly rate:
: Mission Execution/Flight (PWT Plant)
Internal posting closes
: February 26, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
CURRENT TOS WAGE EMPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION DURING THE POSTING PERIOD.
Open to both internal and external candidates. The selected candidate for this requisition must be available to work any shift and shift determination will be made based on the priority of work at the time the selected candidate is cleared to report to work.
National Aerospace Solutions, LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six (6) states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one (1) of three (3) installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one (1) of six (6) subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization, and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, and ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Under general supervision and from blueprints, drawings, or sketches, performs troubleshooting and repair of high-pressure and complex piping systems. Sets up and operates all tools and equipment common to the trade. Locates and positions pipes and fittings. Measures and cuts pipe. Cuts threads with pipe dies and stocks. Fabricates complex pipe work of all types. Installs, modifies, repairs, and maintains piping system for carrying air, gas, steam, water, sewage, drainage, oil, fuels, and other liquids or gases. Makes flange, bell and spigot, screw, and ring connections. Installs valves. When minor repairs or alternations are made, paints, coats, insulates, or waterproofs pipe. It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy. Performs burning and tack welding and other related duties as required.
Supplementary Functions: Participation in functional specific safety training.
- Educational Equivalent: Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Specific Knowledge or Experience: Four (4) years of progressive pipefitting experience which may have been as an apprentice in the trade.
- Pre-employment Welding Test: Must be able to successfully complete and maintain Welder Performance Qualification tests in accordance with ASME Section IX. 2-3/4” diameter x 5/8” thick carbon steel pipe. 1/8” GTAW (ER70S-2) open butt root, remainder SMAW (E7018). Position 6G.
- All test coupons will be evaluated by radiography in accordance with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section IX, Welding and Brazing Qualifications.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid State Driver’s License.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to understand, give and take directions.
- Current United States Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Basic and Advanced Rigging Training
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.