Job Title: Computational & Facility Engineer Development Supervisor- 2142
Department/Branch: Mission Execution/Technology Innovations
Functional Branch: Engineering
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Grade Level: 36-38
TOS INTERNAL CANDIDATES GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
- Responsible for overall product line management of the Computational and Facility Engineering Development section (formerly known as Modeling and Simulation / Facility Systems Analysis Development section).
- Responsible for overseeing (~25) multi-discipline engineering staff made up of CFD engineers, FEA engineers, software engineers, and system modeling engineers and analysts.
- Lead the modeling and simulation / facility systems analysis section team (multi-discipline and multi-functional area) to execute the projects assigned to the section and in execution and coordination of projects requiring the skillset of the personnel within the section to support capital improvement activities for the AEDC test facilities.
- Ensure that the advanced modeling, simulation, and analysis capabilities of the section are well advertised to prospective AEDC internal customers (Investments/Capital Improvements, Design, System and Operations Engineering, XP, etc.), and proactively and regularly connect the section to these customers.
- Perform or delegate Work Package Manager tasks to include: following company-established project management policies and procedures, advocating for the use of technology tools to support testing and facility upgrades at AEDC, coordinating requirements and products with AEDC Air Force, project plan preparation, project status reporting, resource planning and accountability, coordinating work assignments to insure all project objectives are met within scope and cost.
- Work closely with Project Controls to manage cost and schedule of projects. Provide resource estimates and resource-loaded critical path schedules (or at least the discipline’s inputs to those products), working closely with the planners to develop those estimates and schedules for projects requiring the section’s support.
- Interface with AEDC local DoD organizations.
- Develop diverse talent by assigning tasks to the engineering staff and engaging in ongoing evaluation of performance to determine readiness for deeper technical work.
- Work with employees to develop performance management plans and annually conduct formal performance reviews, in accordance with approved NAS procedures.
- Interface/Collaborate with Design Engineering on efforts that include advanced modeling and/or facility analysis.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering methods, techniques, calculations, procedures, standards, and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Support procurement activities within the section to maintain infrastructure such as: non-AUnet computer hardware and specialized modeling analysis software.
- Develop/make business cases for improvements & modernization. Advocate for funding through the CARA process or other available funding sources.
- Coordinate with the Technology Innovations Branch/Technology Development Group and Analytical & Science personnel as required to push for technological advances, modeling and simulation developments, facility improvements, advanced diagnostics, and complex problem solutions.
- Champion the creation of a work environment which fosters openness, trust, communications, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Maintain a proactive attitude towards developing and applying the most appropriate computational and facility engineering software tools to meet the needs of AEDC.
- Exemplifies the company core value and covenant of safety in all aspects of job including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with company policy.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other related duties as required
- B.S. degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 9 - 13 years of progressive and relevant AEDC experience; or M.S. Degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 8 years of progressive and relevant AEDC experience.
- Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of computational based engineering techniques, engineering analysis, and application of computational and engineering methods to engineering problems.
- Demonstrates communication skills, both oral and written, to effectively communicate with a variety of educational and experience levels.
- Possess an active DoD security clearance.
- PhD degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant AEDC experience.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Computational & Facility Engineer Development Supervisor
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.