Job Title: Engineering Technician - 2153
Department/Branch: Mission Execution/Space&Miss
Functional Branch: Engineering
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Grade Level: TN ET2
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
Under direction of test operations engineers and/or instrumentation and data engineers
- Coordinate receipt inspection of test articles, including verification of test articles within dimensional tolerance
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of test articles and test equipment
- Conduct data transfer between internal networks
- Coordinate 3D scanning of objects
- Coordinate sensitive test security paperwork following AEDC security protocols
- Support procurement of test supplies/ Bill of Material, test related procurements
- Maintain HTL facility personnel entry access listing. Perform other related duties as required.
- Serve as digital photographer for High Temperature Laboratory (HTL); documenting test articles, test configurations, with pre- and post- test condition photos.
- Operate, maintain and act as custodian for camera systems/ hardware
- Be responsible for maintaining sensitive materials/information regarding the control of digital photography files.
- Archive / Transfer digital photography data using secure “air gap station”
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy
- Perform other related duties as required
- Two years of college with courses in an applicable technical field, and a minimum of 2 years of progressive and relevant work experience to the degree necessary to perform the outlined responsibilities or any combination of education and experience totaling 4 years.
- Current United States Citizenship is required.
- Strong interest in technical photography including DSLR photography
- Experience in 3D scanning system, using white and/or blue light technologies
- Experience in handling sensitive digital data/hard drives
- Experience with dimensional measurements and reporting
- Possess and demonstrate a customer-service / customer-centric approach in working with people
- Knowledge of computer system technology and applications especially digital data transfer protocols
- Basic skills in oral and written communication
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Engineering Technician to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.