Title: Contractor Specials Security II-2169
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Contractor Special Security II
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
The AMSC Primary Security Principal is responsible for ensuring all personnel meet classified area operation requirements, including properly safeguarding classified areas, containers, and information, in accordance with DoD Instruction 5220.22M, National Industrial Security Program Operation (NISPOM) and as directed by Industrial Security oversight.
- Serve as Industrial Security subject matter expert (SME) and interface with NAS Industrial Security and ASO Industrial Security Offices.
- Serve as one of two of the Primary Security Custodians for Buildings 939 (all areas within) and 940. Coordinates with both internal and external users of the AMSC Conference Room T-22 to ensure proper operation of the area for classified meetings.
- Manage the AMSC Document Archive to ensure proper intake, disposition, and storage of both classified and unclassified information. Maintain current disposition of each individual item within the AMSC catalog database.
- Oversee efforts to ensure AMSC holdings undergo declassification and/or downgrade review and that appropriate actions based on review results are completed; coordinate with AEDC TSD/IP on review status and results.
- Ensure all information (classified and unclassified) that is received or dispatched (i.e. deliverables or user request information) from the AMSC is properly marked; ensure classified information is marked per the applicable Security Classification Guide (SCG).
- Directly support the NAS Security Manager/Facility Security Office, as required, for security related functions.
- Ensure external users who request information from the archive meet all requirements to receive classified and/or unclassified information, including DD254 validation; clearance or NACI status; and need-to-know. Maintain database of all user-related pertinent information.
- Prepare required documentation to transfer classified information to FSS Contractor for dispatch from AEDC. Prepare required documentation to dispatch unclassified information from AEDC.
- Serve as primary contact for AMSC internal non-test customer visits, including clearance verification and badging.
- Serve as primary Test Customer Service Representative for Space and Missile test programs; includes test customer badging; computer access requests; support the AMSC as security representative, and maintain 10V Customer Entry Authorization List (EAL); other duties as required by group/branch manager.
- Support the NAS Customer Service Representative, as needed, for other mission areas and actively engage with FSS security with processing of customer VALs.
- Serve as the AMSC Records Management Custodian.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BA/BS degree in appropriate field plus two years of progressive and relevant work experience or any equivalent combination of education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Relevant experience must include a minimum of two years as an industrial security specialist providing direct security specialist support to a facility security officer (FSO) or other relevant security specialist position such as SCI security specialist, SAP security specialist, or FSO.
- Current U.S. citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Formal and specialized training in industrial security, information protection or associated disciplines
- Security Fundamentals Professional Certification or equivalent certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks and coordinate activities to meet short notice deadlines
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level