Title: Project Engineer – 2172
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
This position serves as the Engineering representative on a number of capital improvement projects, in support of the Project Manager. The Project Engineer oversees multi-discipline Engineering scope, with a focus on Electrical and Instrumentation & Controls, coordinating with Design Engineers, System Engineers, Test Operations Engineers, in addition to other non-Engineering functions.
- Reports to the Project Manager, oversees and coordinates the technical planning, design, installation and checkout tasks for Mid Pressure Arc Heater development; may also support other projects in the Space & Missiles mission area.
- Responsible for delivery of the engineering deliverables and commitment activity (all disciplines) on a project or group of projects for NAS. Plans and directs engineering assignments on the project. Has technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating these assignments. Coordinates with the design groups and mission areas to secure the resources to complete the design activities.
- Communicates information that assists effective management and decision making to Branch Management team and Capital Project Manager.
- Working with Project Controls, supports Primavera P6 to establish and maintain individual project schedules and unify them into integrated schedules to provide NAS management visibility into program resource allocations for decision making.
- Coordinates with Project Controls and the engineering team to create, manage, maintain and update schedules in a complex project environment.
- Develops work breakdown structures; Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules; and resource, cost and budget plans.
- Supports Project Control in performing critical path analysis and development of timelines for completion of tasks, measuring the deliverable work packages of the project against the project plan.
- Communicates schedule conflicts, resource constraints, and time constraints to the project team.
- Supports the preparation of progress reports, standardized reporting procedures and the monitoring of overall project performance.
- Communicates and publishes plans to appropriate involved individuals to ensure each person understands the overall scope of the project and when tasks are required to be begun and completed.
- Uses data gathering, management and analytical processes to predict, understand and constructively influence the time and cost outcomes of projects.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or other engineering discipline from an accredited college or university plus 7 to 10 years of progressive and relevant work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as test operations or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or engineering/construction firms.
- Current United States citizenship required
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers.
- Previous experience as a Supervisor or Project Engineer
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved and current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
- Proficient knowledge on planning, application and coordination of 2-D and/or 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design processes on a project.
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
- A Professional Engineer license
- Strong communication skills (including verbal and written)