Title: Electrical Engineer - 2241
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
The Technology Innovations Branch is seeking an Electrical Engineer with an interest and proficiency in the development of embedded controls, designing and integrating advanced circuity and specialized systems used in support of data acquisition/archival/retrieval of digital data within the AEDC test complexes. As a member of a multidisciplinary technical team, you will be provided opportunities to not only advance your personal growth within your discipline, but also help advance the state of the art in test techniques supporting the next generation air and space vehicles undergoing ground and flight test development and evaluation for performance, operability and durability.
Under the guidance and direction of an experienced engineer, provide the following engineering services:
- Work with LabVIEW applications and compactRIO (cRIO) embedded controllers
- Design, fabricate, and test Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs)
- Develop and/or apply Microcontroller hardware / software design
- Develop and/or apply FPGA hardware / firmware
- Develop graphical user interfaces (GUI) to interface with instrumentation
- Develop hardware, software and supporting systems to make measurements using advanced optical diagnostics and various wavelength cameras systems, including video.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering from an accredited university plus 0-3 years of progressive and relevant experience in the application of electrical engineering.
- Experience in C programming
- Current US citizenship is required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Academic concentration in controls, instrumentation, or diagnostics
- Experience and familiarity with programing languages such as, but not limited to Python, C++, C#, and Labview
- Printed circuit board layout experience (Altium, Eagle, Mentor graphics, or other similar format)
- Client/Server experience
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design
- Computer aided design / mechanical design experience
- Embedded software experience
- Revision control software experience (Fit, Mercurial, SVN, Subversion, etc)
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.