Pipefitter Lead (Internal Only)
Operations & Maintenance
US Citizenship Required
Starting Hourly Rate:
Mission Execution/ Aeropropulsion (ETF Plant)
Internal Posting Closes:
May, 13 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
OPEN TO CURRENT, INTERNAL TOS EMPLOYEES ONLY
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
The selected candidate for this requisition must be available to work any shift and shift determination will be made based on the priority of work at the time the selected candidate is cleared to report to work.
National Aerospace Solutions, LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six (6) states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one (1) of three (3) installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one (1) of six (6) subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization, and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, and ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Under general supervision as a working group leader over lower grade craftsmen, directs and performs mechanical and manual work in the testing, operating and shop areas of an engineering test facility; prepares test facility equipment for operations; prepares test articles for testing, installs test articles and checks installations, troubleshoots equipment, test articles and installations in case of malfunctions; operates plant equipment during tests; assists in tests; removes test articles after tests; installs and maintains piping system and performs other pipefitting work; accomplishes maintenance and servicing work required to place and keep test facility equipment in operation; uses a wide variety of hand and powered tools, powered equipment, measuring and testing equipment. It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy. Performs other work as required; must be able/available to work different work shifts and schedules.
Supplementary Functions: Participation in functional specific safety training.
- Educational Equivalent: Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Specific Knowledge or Experience: Six (6) years of experience in industrial pipefitting work, involving fabrication and erection of heavy ducting, high pressure pipes and valves, hydraulic piping, instrument tubing of steel, copper, plastic and other material and all types of low pressure liquid and gas piping in an aeronautical testing lab or shop or eight (8) years of progressive related pipefitter work. Ability to skillfully operate and work with the wide variety of hand and machine tools. Ability to read and work from blueprints, diagrams and sketches. Must be able to direct the work of others.
- Pre-employment Welding Test: Must be able to successfully complete and maintain Welder Performance Qualification tests in accordance with ASME Section IX. 2-3/4” diameter x 5/8” thick carbon steel pipe. 1/8” GTAW (ER70S-2) open butt root, remainder SMAW (E7018). Position 6G.
- All test coupons will be evaluated by radiography in accordance with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section IX, Welding and Brazing Qualifications.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid State Driver’s License.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to understand, give and take directions.
- Current United States Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Basic and Advanced Rigging Training