Title: Mechanical Reliability Engineer - 2266B
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Become an important part of the Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) team in the Asset Health Assurance Branch responsible for leading the use and being the subject matter experts for the predictive technologies (PdM) that are part of the preventive maintenance programs and troubleshooting efforts for all assets across Arnold Engineering Development Complex. This position will work closely with system engineers, test operations engineers, design engineers, and other reliability engineers. The successful candidate is mechanically inclined toward troubleshooting and repairing equipment and demonstrates ability to use independent judgement and lead an effort. Vibrations certifications or training is not required for employment, but would be provided to the selected candidate.
- Support vibration technology element of the Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) program in several industrial areas to assess the health of very large plant machinery equipment including motors, compressors, gearboxes, pumps, etc.
- Setup vibration “routes” to collect vibration health data and work alongside of craftsmen to ensure accurate measurements are made.
- Troubleshoot faults in machinery using vibration analysis techniques.
- Make recommendation for correcting machinery problems/faults using vibration analysis.
- Interface with entities outside the CBM group such as asset owners, system engineering and craftsmen to implement the vibration technology and promote its expansion into new industrial areas.
- Support capital projects that are purchasing/installing new equipment as well as projects refurbishing equipment with known faults.
- Proficient in the use of portable spectrum analyzers, embedded high-speed vibration equipment (IOTech), wireless technology and motion amplification equipment.
- Maintains a collaborative engineering environment with in the AHA group and also between AHA and test cells, test systems, and plant systems operations across other NAS branches.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited university plus a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive and relevant engineering experience
- Current United States Citizenship is required
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Experience with PdM technologies (infrared, ultrasound, vibration and oil analysis)
- Specific experience in troubleshooting and repairing large machinery
- Knowledge of data analysis and collection techniques
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with management and customers, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.