Title: IS&T Systems Administrator - 2287
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions, LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment (TOS) at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
NAS currently has an exciting career opportunity available for experienced IS&T System Administrator to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- Primary system administration support of Government IT systems.
- Serve as primary system administrator for assigned Linux and Windows based servers, workstations, and services with direct responsibility for:
- System security configuration, hardening, patching, and monitoring.
- Professionally handling direct user interaction for the resolution of potentially complex issues with system and/or network functionality, compatibility, and performance.
- Evaluating hardware and software solutions and summarizing findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Configuration, deployment, and management of virtualization technology frameworks such as VMware and creation or migration of virtual hosts onto the platform.
- Building and maintaining approved secure baselines for server and client operating system images based on both Windows and Linux technology.
- Provide secondary administration support for Linux and Windows based workstations and servers, printers, and other peripheral IT equipment as assigned to include:
- Server, workstation and storage system operations, upgrades and enhancements to meet current and future end-user and facility requirements.
- Commercial and government owned software application installation, maintenance, and user support.
- System backup hardware, applications and processes.
- Support, maintenance, repair, and installation of workstations and servers, peripheral equipment, and software applications.
- Provide secondary network administration support as assigned to include:
- Configuring and hardening network devices prior to deployment.
- Coordinating with IT Technicians to assist with installation and corrective actions to network devices and cabling.
- Works with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to ensure compliance with Cybersecurity regulations and best practices.
- Ensure Cybersecurity requirements are consistently documented, maintained, evaluated and compliant for Government IT system networks including components of systems.
- Support and remediate any issues with Government IT system networks outside of normal assigned shift.
- Provide end user troubleshooting support for Government IT system networks through the ticket support system.
- Support the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Provide support to AEDC Customer and other contractors.
- Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (personal protective equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Information Systems, or other IT related field plus 3 to 6 years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Level II (or higher) Information Assurance Technical (IAT) baseline certification as defined in DoD 8570.01-m. (existing or obtained within 6 months of hire) is required. For example CompTIA Security+ or equivalent.
- Current US Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Active DoD security clearance, preferably Top Secret SCI Eligible
- Knowledge of IS&T related networking, hardware, and software.
- Existing 8570.01 IAT Level II or higher certification
- Experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting the following: Unix\Linux\Windows workstation and server OS environments, hardware, software, peripherals and drivers, mass storage, networking, firewalls proxies, routing, HPC, vulnerability management, ACAS, HBSS, VLAN’s, VMWare, RedHat,, LDAP or Microsoft AD, and/or Solarwinds
- Specific experience working as a Windows and/or Linux System Administrator including
- Installation, Configuration, and Troubleshooting of operating systems
- Configuration and Application of security policies and templates for system hardening
- Configuration, Monitoring, and Tuning of server applications and performance
- Storage Management and Services, including RAID, Fiber Channel Architecture (FCAL), File System creation and sharing, NFS, Windows File Sharing.
- Scripting environments and shell scripts, bash, python, powershell
- Practical use of C or C++ programming language to compile and link source code.
- Practical work experience integrating platforms and peripherals with various operating systems and applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting, repairing, specifying, and upgrading networking and computer hardware.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of network devices.
- Experience with firewall hardware and software, including
- Generating and implementing rules for network security
- Hardware requirements definition and configuration
- Experience with network switches, router hardware, and router software
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP model
- Experience with basic network services such as DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NIS, NTP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTPS,SSH, RDP,802.1x
- Skilled in verbal and written communication
- Skilled in designing and depicting IT components and basic architectures using either Visio, AutoCAD, or other.
- Skilled at building and maintaining team and customer relationships
- Abilities to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities