Job Title: Sr. Staff Engineer & SME for Test Assets - 2290
Department/Branch: Mission Execution/Engineering
Functional Branch: Engineering/Flight
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Grade Level: 38
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
The successful candidate will function as the subject matter expert for the Wind Tunnel Flight System Test Cells. Independently perform complex professional engineering or scientific assignments in support of test assets and related technology, demanding unique contributions, which call for the application of advanced specialized engineering or scientific principles, the results of which occasionally involve advancements to the state of the art. Represent NAS in discussions with or presentations to client, management, test customers, or senior technical personnel. Is recognized and respected within AEDC for expertise in the specialized field and may have a growing reputation in the industry. Assist with the development, implementation, and execution of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Configuration Manager for Test system assets maintaining the asset hierarchy and ensuring commonality, interface management and change control while supporting reviews, audits and configuration control boards.
- Support Test asset maintenance program focusing on Reliability Centered and Condition Based Maintenance with the key responsibility for maintaining Asset Condition Assessments and Sustainment Status changes.
- Support investment and maintenance projects providing support to planning, design, fabrication, procurement, installation and check out of new hardware and systems including Systems Engineering reviews.
- Provide leadership and technical advice to entry level, junior level and peer level engineers.
- Provide strategic planning, gap identification and solution recommendations to meet future AEDC needs and test programs.
- Provide support to annual budget (CARA) and Future Year Defense Program (FYDP) for Flight Test mission areas (PWT and VKF).
- Systems Engineering authority for Test System assets focusing on Continuous Improvements and Life Cycle Management.
- Serve as consultant to the mission execution director and Flight branch manager, functional and specialty engineering, or scientific groups providing advice and counsel on special and unique assignments.
- Review engineering or scientific concepts, drawings, calculations and specifications.
- Participate directly in new business efforts involving specialized and unique engineering or scientific applications. Interview client personnel to determine their needs, develops scope for cost estimates for services, and participates in proposal preparation and presentation.
- Provide guidance and direction to specialty scientific or engineering personnel in the development of plans, criteria and specifications; assist engineering functional management with deploying common engineering work processes throughout the TOS contract.
- Screen and recommend selection of special outside consultants; coordinate their activities and monitors their performance.
- Conduct or lead special studies on economic feasibility and on new technologies, methods and materials.
- Conduct or lead mishap and incident investigations and related root-cause analyses.
- Serve on or lead company-level technical committees.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS degree in Engineering from an accredited university and 14 – 16 years of progressive and relevant work experience, preferably in systems engineering and / or operations engineering, including systems start-up, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or engineering/construction firms, or other relevant types of engineering/science including staff design engineering, applied science, or specialty engineering; or an MS degree in Engineering from an accredited university and 12 – 14 years of experience per the description above.
- Current U. S. citizenship required.
- Prior experience/familiarity in ground test/maintenance process or complex industrial operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to build rapport with others, building and maintaining trusted relationships with personnel
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop diverse talent
- Lead continual improvement culture
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of related safety measures and setting a good example for others with respect to safety
- Experience with AEDC systems, processes, procedures, and work instructions
- A professional license in an appropriate discipline from a recognized engineering licensing board
- Participation in the activities and proceedings of technical and professional societies and recognized national boards.
- Has chaired a technical society committee or code committee.
- Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.