Title: Document Control Specialist - 2295
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Document Control Specialist
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
This position is a document control and records management position working independently primarily supporting the management and team members of the project. Incumbent will provide technical and functional guidance in developing and establishing document management work processes, and developing the document control and records management structure and retentions. Duties require accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol.
- Develops, implements, and maintains records retention and turnover plans that meet NAS and contractual requirements.
- Utilizes an Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS) or equivalent to capture, manage, distribute, transmit, file, archive and control project documents.
- Utilizes an ECMS or equivalent to ensure project documents are archived and retrievable.
- Ensure records storage requirements are met in accordance with Air Force requirements.
- Performs and documents quality checks on document management and/or records management work activities.
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing information, generating status reports, maintaining tracking logs and providing performance metrics to project and functional management.
- Ensures the establishment of records inventory; gathers data and surveys project records.
- Participates in and supports all audits including but not limited to Quality and Government.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the records retention schedules.
- Develops and maintains internal specific desk instructions.
- Ensures compliance with requirements for periodic assessments and closure of corrective actions.
- Ensures company policies and procedures and good industrial and office safety practices are adhered to.
- Participates in all project closeout activities.
- Anticipates changing priorities and problems.
- Maintains office supplies ensuring supplies are available when needed.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in appropriate discipline and five to seven years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Current US citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge, proficiency and implementation of Information/Records/Document Management responsibilities.
- Ability to compile and analyze data.
- Ability to obtain a NAS purchasing card.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of quality requirements related to Document and Records Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Products: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of configuration/change management principles including understanding how the configuration management requirements relate to data entry in the ECMS or equivalent and ensuring compliance is maintained.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ISO-9001 and how it applies to document and records management activities.
- Ability to utilize ECMS or equivalent utility tools (export, load, etc. used to perform daily document management functions).
- Ability to develop and manage object metadata model through document lifecycle.
- Ability to develop and implement process workflows.
- Ability to perform complex queries to support project requests.
- Ability to recognize ‘out of compliance’ activities and provide corrective actions.
- Ability to compose written communications free of grammatical errors.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.