Title: Electrical Engineer (2 Positions)-2320B
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
We are a team of multi-disciplinary engineers and skilled labor who work together to reliably operate and maintain all of the infrastructure required to conduct developmental and lifecycle ground testing of flight, defense, and aerospace systems in the test facilities at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC). We operate and maintain the vast equipment required to reliably provide the test conditions required for ground testing of test models and subassembly here at Arnold Air Force Base to provide our customers with the data they need to make decisions.
The AEDC utilities utilize a variety of power voltages from the 161 kVA that comes into the base from the Tennessee Valley Authority. At times, depending on which test facilities are running, we can use over one half GW of power.
We currently have openings for electrical systems engineers to work in the plants supporting 1) jet engine test facilities, and 2) large transonic and supersonic wind tunnel facilities.
As a valuable member of our team, you would directly impact the ability to conduct ground testing of airframes, engines, or other aerospace systems by executing system engineering responsibilities overseeing installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, upgrades, and arc flash considerations of major electrical equipment to ensure test readiness to meet customers’ requirements. These systems could be large electric motors that drive huge air compressors, hydraulic pumps, electrical switchgear, over-current protection, transformers, PLCs, relays, and/or solid state variable frequency systems.
Some of the specific duties of an electrical systems engineer include (this is NOT an exhaustive list):
- Respond when systems malfunction, troubleshooting and directing corrective maintenance activities (or calling in the appropriate systems engineer for additional support) ensuring a timely return to service
- Update and maintain system documentation for systems of responsibility
- Work with multiple organizations such as design engineering, fabrication shops, DoD client, and other contractors
- Develop with Asset Health Assurance personnel advanced maintenance plans
- Conduct and write up system safety hazard analyses and write clear work instructions for operation and maintenance
- Assess and communicate risk to stakeholders
- Develop estimates for improvement projects
- Work with planners, schedulers, and craft supervisors to safely plan and execute projects including maintenance work, upgrades, and test projects
- Assist craft personnel with troubleshooting and oversee their work; provide technical leadership and guidance
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering from an accredited engineering college or university plus 3-5 years of progressive and relevant experience to include developmental experience such as practical work experience in relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operations / maintenance in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
- Current United States citizenship required
- A minimum of 5 years of developmental experience such as practical work experience in relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operations / maintenance in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
- Educational concentration and/or work experience in low, medium, or high voltage power distribution.
- Educational and/or work experience in dealing with electrical systems or electrical components of mechanical systems.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Working knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the electrical engineering discipline.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Strong communication skills (including verbal and written)
- Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Electrical Engineer
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.