Job Title: Senior Cost Performance Analyst - NFAC
US Citizenship Required
National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex at NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
An exciting career opportunity exists for an experienced cost performance analyst to support a team performing aerodynamic experiments in the largest wind tunnel in the world.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test Operations and Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), National Full-scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) at Moffett Field, CA. The NFAC provides the United States with the capability of performing ground-based aerodynamic and acoustic experiments at speeds from static to nearly 350 mph on large-scale and full-scale aerospace vehicles and components. This complex includes a 40- by 80-foot wind tunnel and an 80- by 120-foot wind tunnel.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground test and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Perform the role of Project Controls providing financial support to major stakeholders at the National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex, the world’s largest wind tunnel. The successful candidate will communicate effectively with NFAC project managers, facility and test engineers and management to develop and maintain resource loaded workload plans, track costs throughout the fiscal year and ensure projects stay within budget allocations.
- Provide customer support regarding planning, estimating, execution and reporting of projects, specifically funding scenarios and out year planning exercises
- Responsible for coordination and support of control account managers in the development of monthly project estimates, monitoring of project cost performance, funding availability and EVM related reporting.
- Responsible for the collection and assimilation of the AEDC WBS 1 RBA workload, and reporting that workload on a monthly basis to both internal NAS customers and external Government customers.
- Responsible for leading the NFAC annual CARA budgeting effort in collaboration with AF customer.
- Responsible for supporting and coordinating proposal costs and updates throughout the fiscal year.
- Responsible for the monthly collection, assimilation, and reporting of AEDC Utility pool information. This includes analysis of actual and forecasted resource requirements vs. contract baseline funding levels.
- Perform budget, financial and cost variance analysis.
- Monitors actual cost collection and processes corrections.
- Maintains working relationship and works directly with Air Force counterpart in areas of performance management.
- Preparation of monthly cost forecasts.
- Supports annual workload proposal and subsequent proposal revisions.
- Coordinate and communicate project and contract funding availability.
- Provide customer support regarding planning, estimating, execution and reporting of projects.
- Responsible for aligning costs with planned schedule activities, as required.
- Support on demand business reporting requests as required by management.
- Support the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Provides training and guidance to engineering and business support teams, as required.
- Provide monthly NFAC project and test schedule inputs to Project Controls/Scheduler at AEDC/Arnold.
- Develop and maintain process work instructions and procedure reviews, as required.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS/BA (Accounting/Finance/Information Systems/Engineering/Mathematics or other related degree) plus 5 - 7 years progressive and relevant experience or any combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Current U S Citizenship required.
To apply go directly to our website at https://nascareers.catsone.com/careers/
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost functions, including cost estimating, cost control, financial reporting systems, and cost analysis.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management techniques as applied to LOE and Percent Complete projects.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, perform, review, and present financial and cost performance reports.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of financial systems. Demonstrated proficiency in data management systems.
- Prefer in-depth knowledge of AEDC financial and CMMS systems.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, with especially advanced knowledge and skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills and confidence in reporting cost performance and financial position to management
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently.
- Proficient in utilization of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications).
- Understanding of the AEDC CARA process and the annual Integrated Requirements List.
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft Financial System with special emphasis on PeopleSoft Data Query.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.