Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Specialist - 2348
Function: Operations & Maintenance
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Specialist to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
The successful candidate will function as a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Specialist in the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) function supporting multiple facilities across AEDC as part of the Asset Health Assurance (AHA) Branch. Specific duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to the following duties across the TOS contract: provide functional expertise for Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) development, enhancement, assistance, and guidance for the TOS contract (including not only TOS personnel, but also the AF and other contractors); provide functional expertise for CMMS hierarchy-related record development; provide functional expertise for CMMS Preventive Maintenance (PM) record development; develop maintenance data reports; and supporting the AHA Branch Manager and branch with other duties.
- Provide Functional Expertise on CMMS for TOS Contract
- Serve as the primary POC for CMMS functionality within the TOS Contract (providing expertise to all departments, groups, and sections across the TOS workforce as well as for the AF and other contractors)
- Work with CMMS-responsible contractor on identifying potential improvements and developing enhancements to existing CMMS functionality and data upload functionality (including providing functional testing capability as needed)
- Work with AHA Branch and O&M Work Control Function to develop processes for improving usage and application of CMMS functionality to improve efficiency and effectiveness of asset management, maintenance management, work management, and material management across AEDC
- Develop CMMS Training Materials (guidance documentation for distribution across TOS workforce and the AF, CBT development with the TOS Training Group, etc.)
- Provide Functional Expertise for CMMS Hierarchy-Related Record Development
- Develop and maintain procedure and guidance documentation related to creation and revision of hierarchy-related records (assets, components, Bill of Material (BOM) records, etc.)
- Develop and maintain hierarchy standards (in accordance with TOS procedure requirements and RCM program development)
- Update CMMS and CSA hierarchy-related records (as needed)
- Provide Functional Expertise for CMMS PM-Related Record Development
- Develop and maintain procedure and guidance documentation related to creation and revision of PM-related records (PM Masters, Benchmark Work Orders/Tasks/Labor records, attachments, etc.)
- Develop PM-related record requirements (in accordance with TOS procedure, RCM program development, and working with AHA Reliability Specialists/Engineering Group, Predictive Maintenance (PdM) group, and O&M Work Control function)
- Analyze PM data for improvements to PM program (effectiveness, efficiency, workload, etc.)
- Update CMMS PM-related records (as needed)
- Develop Maintenance Data Reports
- Identify gaps and improvements in current and future asset management, maintenance management, and work management reports (in accordance with TOS procedures and working with AHA Reliability Engineers, AHA Item Configuration personnel, AHA Branch Manager, O&M Work Control function, Systems Engineers, Mission Execution & Support management, and the AF)
- Work with AHA Item Configuration Manager and databased developers to develop requirements for reports, test reports for meeting requirements, and revise reports based on test results
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associates plus eight (8) years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Six (6) years of demonstrated experience with CMMS applications and/or programming.
- Current U S Citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Technology, or other related technical degree plus ten (10) years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of applicable education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Eight (8) years of demonstrated experience with CMMS applications and/or programming (especially with AEDC’s CMMS and other related programs).
- Ability to work self-directed with limited daily oversight in performance of CMMS Specialist duties, including identifying and completing specific objectives reported to AHA Branch Manager for communication to TOS Contractor management and the AF.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbally and written) with the AF, other contractors, all levels of TOS contractor management, engineers, work control personnel, project managers, craft supervisors/superintendents, craft personnel, and other personnel in the workplace.
- Demonstrated capability with PC systems and office software applications, including Email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and multiple groups setting priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, teamwork, motivation, and organization.
- Project management and/or support experience (including any certifications if applicable)
- Demonstrated leadership capability (in either a management or senior technical lead role).
- Knowledge of multiple AEDC facilities across test cells, plants, utilities, etc., including the ability to understand AEDC’s limited resources and overall priorities.
- Familiarity with asset management, maintenance management, work management, and material management processes.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.