Title: Technical Writer/Editor III,IV- 2349
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Writer/Editor III,IV
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
This position is a Technical Writer/Editor III position working independently primarily supporting the management and team members of the project. Incumbent will be responsible for planning, writing and editing, proofreading, coordinating production of simple to highly complex documents and other print and electronic media for accuracy, consistency, professional quality, and conformance to appropriate style guide. May provide operational direction to a technical editing staff. Duties require accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol.
- Reviews document requirements and content issues with customers and/or authors and may coordinate production of project with graphics, document formatting, reprographics, presentations, and any additional editorial support.
- May monitor job progress and alert responsible supervisor when schedules appear to be in jeopardy.
- Performs standard document formatting/editing/production including electronic comment incorporation, importing graphic files, formatting tables, and developing, using, and applying templates and styles.
- Performs quality checks on documents and other print and electronic media for accuracy and consistency.
- Assists other publications staff, as required.May participate as a member of or lead a production team on large and complex documents.
- Develops and maintains forms.
- Maintains document, records and resource files, including photos and other support matter.
- Develops and maintains internal specific desk instructions.
- Coordinates schedules between production teams such as publications, reprographics, and vendors.
- Ensures company policies and procedures and good industrial and office safety practices are adhered to.
- Anticipates changing priorities and problems.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in appropriate discipline and five to seven years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Current US citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Technical writing, proofreading, and editing skills normally acquired through specialized education/training in English, technical communications, or journalism.
- Excellent oral skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of grammatical rules, spelling, composition, and style.
- Ability to work a style guide.
- Proficiency with form development.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and implement process workflows.
- Ability to recognize ‘out of compliance’ activities and provide corrective actions.
- Ability to compose written communications free of grammatical errors.
- Must be flexible and willing to take on a variety of assignments.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.