Subcontract Administrator - 2452
US Citizenship Required:
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
- Gathers and compiles data essential to the formation and administration of subcontracts.
- Performs bidder prequalification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, negotiation and award of subcontracts (including engineered material / equipment installation) and other subcontracts platforms, such as master and basic ordering agreements.
- Reviews scope requirements prepared by requisitioning organization.
- Performs administration of subcontracts including but not limited to change management, invoicing, performance, interface with internal technical representative, and close-out. Communicate with subcontractors to achieve required service and meet project needs.
- Reviews, analyzes, and negotiates terms & conditions and price, and must have an understanding of best business practices and the Federal Acquisitions Regulations.
- Conducts investigations and inquiries into specific subcontract problems and may provide assistance in claims research.
- Assists with developing and monitoring subcontract master pro-forma documents.
- Maintains working relationships with project subcontracts personnel and project discipline personnel in order to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains working relationships with subcontractors involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
- Reviews and develops other commercial and technical data prepared by Engineering, Maintenance, Operations and other procurement functional groups.
- Prepares, maintains and monitors project bidder’s lists, ensuring input is received from all acquisitions functions and other operational groups.
- Forms, issues, administers, and closeout subcontracts (including blanket orders). Communicates with subcontractors to achieve required service, meet project needs, and resolution of discrepancies. Communicates with project personnel to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of requisitions, and communicates with technical representative for monitoring work activities and finance in processing invoice approvals, and subcontractors to resolve discrepancies.
- Directs negotiations in the commitment of Subcontracts, following review and approval of the proposed negotiating plan by the designated supervisor.
- Monitors requirements associated with Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act, and Risk and Liability.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Management or related discipline plus 7 years of progressive and relevant purchasing/subcontracts and/or related experience or any equivalent combination of education and progressive and relevant purchasing/subcontract experience.
- US Citizenship is required
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Significant experience in construction subcontracting and construction management principles
- Knowledge of contract types (cost reimbursable, fixed priced, time & material / labor hour), terms and legal requirements.
- Knowledge of law, negotiations, accounting or cost engineering gained through education or experience.
- Proficiency and experience in the formation and administration of subcontracts.
- Proficiency in all phases of subcontracts including knowledge of and skill in communicating effectively with suppliers/subcontractors, bidder prequalification, preparation of bidders lists, compilation of bid requests, knowledge of applicable commercial legislation, negotiation of contracted terms and conditions, and award of commitments.
- Proficiency in the administration of commitments, monitoring subcontractor performance, associated labor laws, and the resolution of claims and disputes.
- Skilled in working with, and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, primarily Engineering, Construction, Project Management and other services.
- Solid knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements.
- Solid understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.