Title: Information Systems & Technology - 2457- Summer 2022
Position Type: Casual, Internship
Pay Type: Non-exempt, salaried
Grade: TN ET1/ET2
US Citizenship Required: Yes
2022 Summer Intern Opportunities – Information Systems & Technology
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
NAS is responsible for the design, operation, and maintenance of the infrastructure required to test flight, defense, and aerospace systems in the test facilities at AEDC. This infrastructure includes compressors, hydraulic systems, refrigeration systems, heaters, dryers, power systems, control systems, and more. We do not design the vehicles, but we ground test models and subassembly here at Arnold Air Force Base to provide our customers with the data they need to make decisions on design and flight-worthiness.
In order to be considered for an internship opportunity, your current grade point average (GPA), projected graduation date, and degree major must be listed on your resume.
The NAS Internship Program offers 10-12 week full time summer internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Business Administration, Information Systems, Information Technology or other related degree. Interns selected must commit to working 40 hours per week from May through August. As part of the internship, students are paired with IS&T professionals who serve as the students’ mentors. Students complete assigned work gaining valuable experience in their fields of study and learn how the IS&T team supports their internal customers. Interns will be required to present a briefing to senior management on work accomplished, lessons learned, and further recommended actions.
- IS&T professionals are responsible for the NAS Business Systems in support of the TOS contract. This involves learning, understanding, and support of the data flow requirements between the company business systems from defining requirements, development of solutions, and the design, test, and implementation of each system. IS&T professionals also troubleshoot computer related issues of all business systems.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Information Technology or other related degree at a college or university.
- Satisfactory completion of at least one year of study as a full-time student in one of the above listed disciplines at the time the internship begins. Graduate students are also welcome to apply.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Basic English skills in oral and written communication are required.
- Current U.S. Citizenship required
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.