Title: Administrative Assistant II (O&M) - 2462
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Non-Exempt
Grade: TN SY 3
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Administrative Assistant II
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- Works independently to provide administrative and secretarial support of a responsible and confidential nature supporting the Operations & Maintenance and Labor Relations Management, and performs document control and records management activities to help ensure the smooth functioning of a department. Duties require accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol. Anticipates changing priorities and problems. Adheres to and supports the use of company policies and procedures, and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Receives and screens phone calls directing them to the appropriate parties. Ensures coverage in absence.
- Composes and distributes complex correspondence using standard word processing systems or other software applications. Keeps abreast of key issues, commitments, and priorities of manager.
- Researches information and compiles briefing charts, summary reports and other presentation materials.
- Performs as a GpiLearn™ Administrator tracking/assisting employees in completing training requirements.
- Coordinates proforma documents/forms with managers for acquisitions department.
- Schedules meetings, appointments and coordinates travel arrangements as needed.
- Maintains office supplies ensuring supplies are available when needed.
- Collects, reviews, and distributes incoming hard copy and electronic mail. Independently handles mail not requiring the manager’s attention. Reviews outgoing mail to ensure accuracy and proper format. Follows up to ensure action.
- Develops and guides the implementation of procedures and of filing and record-keeping systems, including performing data entry and records management function.
- Develop work flow charts to demonstrate and improve work processes including configuration management.
- Maintain the share-point web site.
- Support interview scheduling, on-boarding (DD2875 and applications), workstation equipment ordering.
- Support development of metrics to improve workflow, efficiency and staffing.
- Occasional support of project management functional tasks.
- Determines action on important or emergency matters or knows whom to contact in absence of manager.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus four years of applicable experience or any equivalent combination of applicable education and experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of: grammatical rules, spelling, punctuation, required formats, technical vocabularies and terminology common to the assignment, Document Control and Records Management systems and common office procedures, and professional telephone practices.
- Ability to obtain a NAS purchasing card.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skill in word processing and composition with a minimum typing speed of 55 wpm, and operation of standard computerized systems and other information transmission systems.
- Effective leadership skills.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.