Title: ID&C Software Engineer - 2468
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
An exciting career opportunity exists for an Instrumentation, Data and Controls (ID&C) Software Engineer responsible for design, implementation and configuration management of physics-based high fidelity computational software used to simulate flow regimes in an aerospace ground test environment.
National Aerospace Solutions, LLC, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test Operations and Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), is offering this opportunity.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground test and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
An exciting career opportunity exists for an entry-level Software Engineer supporting the Computational and Facility Engineering Development (CAFED) Section within the Technology Development Group. Working under the guidance of experienced software engineering mentorship, primary responsibilities for this position include designing, developing, upgrading and maintaining computational modeling and simulation software tools supporting AEDC aerospace ground test facilities.
Software Engineers apply programming, design, configuration management, and testing skills to develop complex systems and applications to perform the above functions, while assisting in system/application deployment, installation, maintenance, and support.
Software Engineers at AEDC are critical to the execution of the test mission. Specific duties for this entry-level position include:
- Performance of work, generally within Software Engineering, which involves the design, development and maintenance of computational modeling and simulation software tools supporting aerospace ground test operations and data analysis.
- Participate in one or more of the following:
- Perform tasks that require computational modeling and simulation engineering analysis in the development and application of computational software tools supporting aerospace ground test facilities
- Design, develop and maintain software and systems to meet system requirements associated with computational modeling and simulation software applications
- Perform software testing and verification
- Support software configuration management practices to ensure system integrity
- Assist with the development, implementation, and execution of common work processes and procedures within CAFED section.
- Ensure the computational software are successfully ported and maintained on the High Performance Computing Modernization Distributed Shared Resource Computing platforms.
- Support preparation of engineering studies and reports
- Use modern design, development, testing, and configuration management tools for software systems
- Participates in and fosters a work environment based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computational software engineering or a related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university and 0 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant work experience or college coursework in software engineering including design, coding, configuration control and maintenance.
- Current US Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- M.S. degree or post-graduate coursework in a relevant field is preferred.
- Experience with Python and related scientific and visualization libraries (SciPy, NumPy, Matplotlib, etc)
- Experience with Linux and High-Performance Computing environments
- Experience with C, C++, and/or Fortran considered a plus
- Working knowledge of version control, object-oriented software design principles, and the software development process
- Active DoD Security Clearance
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.