Purchasing Specialist I - 2469 (2 Positions)
US Citizenship Required:
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Purchasing Manager
- Performs tasks involved in the formation and administration of purchase orders ranging in value from $0 through $25,000.
- Performs expediting of purchasing order and non-conformance & invoice resolution.
- Communicates with suppliers and personnel within NAS to establish clear definition of requirements, to assure performance to purchase order terms and conditions, and achieve required service and results to meet project needs.
- Maintains working relationships with project Procurement personnel and project discipline personnel in order to perform assigned duties.
- Communicates with suppliers as necessary to achieve required service and results to meet project needs.
- Communicates with Engineering, Quality, Maintenance, Operations, and other project functions to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of material requisitions for the procurement of materials and equipment and to achieve the understanding needed to process requisitions.
- Understands and applies key quality requirements to support the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services, such as quality & test inspection plans, qualifications, and resolution of non-conformances.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Management or applicable discipline and 0 to 2 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- US Citizenship is required
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Skilled in working with, and communicating effectively, both orally and in writing with other functional groups.
- Knowledge of purchasing credit card process.
- Basic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.