Aerospace Machinist - 2475
Operations & Maintenance
US Citizenship Required:
Starting hourly rate:
: Mission Execution / Aeropropulsion(C&SL Group)
Internal posting closes
: October 20, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
CURRENT TOS WAGE EMPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION DURING THE POSTING PERIOD.
Open to both internal and external candidates. The selected candidate for this requisition must be available to work any shift and shift determination will be made based on the priority of work at the time the selected candidate is cleared to report to work.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Aerospace Machinist to join our team in Arnold Air Force Base, TN.
- Under general supervision performs technical, mechanical, electrical, and manual work in the testing, operating, and/or assembly and shop areas of an engineering test facility.
- Prepares test facility equipment for operations
- Prepares test articles for testing, installs test articles, and checks installations.
- Troubleshoots equipment, test articles, and installations in case of malfunctions.
- Operates plant and test equipment during tests.
- Assists in test and operates test articles such as controls for engines and rockets.
- Removes test articles after tests.
- Installs and maintains facility systems.
- Accomplishes maintenance and servicing work required to place and keep test facility equipment in operation.
- Uses a wide variety of hand and machine tools, powered equipment, measuring and testing equipment.
- Instructs less experienced lower level grade craftsmen.
- Must be able to work different work shifts and work schedules.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Performs other work as required.
: Participation in functional specific safety training.
Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
Specific Knowledge or Experience:
Four (4) years of machinist experience in the working section of an aeronautical test facility operation. Progressive experience as an outside machinist, machinist, millwright, aircraft, mechanic or heavy equipment mechanic may be substituted for the required experience. Ability to skillfully operate and work with the wide variety of hand and machine tools associated with the trade. Ability to read and work from blueprints, diagrams and sketches. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance and maintain access to the AEDC local area computer network.
Valid Driver’s License.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to understand, give and take directions
Current US Citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.