Title: Facility Systems Analysis / Facility Modeling Engineer - 2485B
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Facility Systems Modeling and Analysis engineering, Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgement in making adaptations and modifications. Perform work which involves the preparation, interpretation, or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, structures, systems, or equipment. Perform work which involves the preparation, interpretation, or review of computational models and hardware-in-the-loop systems.
- Perform work which involves the preparation, execution, interpretation or review of multi-disciplined computations using a first principles approach. Add computational complexity as deemed necessary by work to be performed.
- Apply engineering tools to support capital improvement and maintenance projects.
- Analyze and identify deficiencies in existing system and component level simulations; formulate, implement, and validate improvements to overcome those deficiencies.
- Develop new system and component level simulations and expand capabilities in existing simulations to meet future requirements.
- Develop and validate new computational approaches in the areas of fluid modeling, thermal modeling, numerical algorithms, and code-processing.
- Implement system level models into hardware-in-the-loop architecture; monitor and troubleshoot communication, data-transfer, and feedback-loops between simulation and other components.
- Draft, review, and present results in a written and / or visual format to both technical-detailed and high-level audiences.
- Monitor schedule for own work.
- Interact with engineering, management, and craft personnel.
- Extract information from technical drawings, specifications, data packages, and design documents.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of 3-5 years’ progressive and relevant engineering experience
- Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Demonstrated detailed technical knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and multidisciplinary modeling and the application of this knowledge to engineering problems.
- Computer-based modeling and simulation skills with emphasis on modeling fluid flows in the subsonic, supersonic, and hypersonic flow regimes.
- MATLAB, Simulink, and / or Simscape experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.