Job Title: Capital Project Management
Function: Project Management
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Capital Project Manager to join our team in Tullahoma, TN.
- Responsible for program/project management leadership for a group of large and complex multidisciplinary projects with a strong emphasis on instrumentation, data acquisition, and controls systems including capital improvement projects.
- Represent the company to current and prospective clients, customers, and users.
- Manage large, complex projects; track and control scope of work, resource utilization, schedules, and work accomplishments; initiate corrective actions as required; maintain contact with the client, resolve contractual conflicts, or elevate conflicts to branch level for resolution.
- Facilitate the collection of project requirements, objectives and customer expectations, and clearly communicates this information to project teams.
- May require project updates to the Office of the General Manager.
- Responsible to deliver successful portfolio of projects safely, with all quality attributes, on time and within budget.
- Perform cost and performance measurement analysis against planned and estimated scope.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate codes, standards, and regulations (including those for environmental work).
- Prepare and execute Project Plans using cost, schedule, and performance objectives, resourcing, verification and validation and risk management.
- Require Earned Value Management System (EVMS) as directed by the Government.
- Support common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Assist other project managers, principles, or officers in the management of extremely large, multidiscipline projects.
- It is a condition of employment to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or relevant technical field from an accredited university and ten (10) to twelve (12) years progressive and relevant experience in an engineering or related technical field or sixteen (16) to twenty-one (21) years of progressive and relevant experience in lieu of degree. Additional relevant education can be substituted for overall experience.
- A minimum of five (5) to nine (9) years’ experience of project or program management experience.
- Current U S Citizenship required.
- Knowledge of system engineering, procurement, and other project-related activities, including their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Knowledge and experience with the work processes associated with instrumentations and controls systems.
- Knowledge and experience with AEDC business process and systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Earned Value Management.
- Knowledge and experience with quality control functions such as second checker on documentation or format compliance.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and monitor a wide variety of team efforts to their successful conclusion.
- Ability to anticipate change and to adjust promptly and effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.