Title: ID&C Engineer - 2492
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
US Citizenship Required: Yes
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a senior level Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to join our team in Tullahoma, TN.
Instrumentation and Controls Engineers design, evaluate, analyze, and assist in the fabrication and installation of process system instrumentation and controls systems. Instrumentation and controls engineers work closely with test and system engineers in development of design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Perform assignments, which may require further definition of scope and objectives and require the investigation of a number of variables, for Instrumentation and Control System Engineering; supports the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function.
- Perform work, generally within Instrumentation and Control System Engineering, which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, and drawings or diagrams which may include complex features.
- Participate in one or more of the following:
- Interface with internal and/or external customers to ensure understanding of system and/or test requirements
- Development of system requirements
- Automated Control System design, development, and/or maintenance
- System design, including concept sketches and layouts
- Production of logic diagrams and functional block diagrams
- Review and provide input to Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Prepare specifications for procurement of instrumentation and control valves
- Review of vendor drawings
- Automated Control and Human Machine Interface (HMI) Software Development
- Preparation of specifications and design calculations
- Check the work of other engineers
- Preparation of material quantity estimates
- Lead or coordinate technical review meetings and supports technical issue resolution
- Monitor schedule for own work.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in electrical, mechanical, chemical, or mechatronics engineering from an accredited college or university and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive and relevant engineering experience.
- Current US Citizenship required
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication
- Continuous and progressive work experience in design engineering plus work experience in other areas of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
- Experience in control system theory and design concepts
- Experience in the review, selection, and procurement of instrumentation and valves.
- Previous PLC programming and HMI development experience.
- Experience creating control logic diagrams.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.