Title: Payroll Coordinator -2542
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Non-Exempt
Grade: TN AC3
US Citizenship Required: Yes
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at AEDC to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Payroll Coordinator
to join our team at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee.
- Maintain payroll systems and process paychecks according to schedule and in the correct amount. These duties include consolidating timesheet information, calculating paycheck amounts and distributing funds to employee accounts. Process payroll for hourly and bi-weekly salaried employees.
- Produce payroll reports for management and maintain all payroll operations according to company policies and procedures.
- Check timesheets for accuracy, handle direct deposit requests and process wage garnishments and union dues.
- Calculate payroll liabilities by determining employee taxes, including federal and state income and social security tax, and calculating employer’s payments for social security, unemployment, and worker’s compensation.
- Process and issue W-2 forms to employees.
- Communicate with other employees and help resolve any discrepancies in pay.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of college and four years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant experience must include maintaining payroll records and preparation of basic accounting documents.
- Current U.S. citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and oral and effective interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of and experience related to general payroll functions, fundamental accounting concepts and principles, and government requirements.
- Proficient computer skills particularly in the use of Microsoft applications; Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Prior experience with SAP a plus.