: Engineering Technician III - Tunnel 9 - 2547
Grade: MD ET3
US Citizenship Required
Work will be performed at the AEDC Hypervelocity Wind Tunnel No. 9 (Tunnel 9) located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Tunnel 9 provides a high speed Test & Evaluation capability for the Department of Defense.
NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force to ensure the long-term viability of the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) while ensuring mission success, ultimately securing AEDC’s long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and ground testing.
Perform the role of an Engineering Technician with the primary responsibilities of operating and maintaining industrial machinery. The candidate will perform manual work required to operate, maintain and repair areas of an engineering test facility.
Perform routine and moderate complexity tasks under the close supervision or from detailed procedures such as:
- Technical, mechanical, and electrical work to support safe operation and maintenance of various industrial machinery.
- Inspects, troubleshoot, maintain, and operate various mechanical and test systems, such as gas and liquid pumps, compressors, high pressure tubing systems, valves, cylinders, etc.
- Begin training to become a qualified operator of various industrial control systems.
- Accomplishes maintenance and servicing work required to place and keep test facility equipment in operation.
- Assemble and disassemble precision mechanical components in a lab environment as well as in the field.
- Maintain a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority.
- Operate various hand and machine tools and become qualified to operate large equipment such as cranes and forklifts.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers
- It is a condition of employment to wear company PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience or any combination of relevant education and experience in mechanical, electrical or instrumentation technician work.
- Current United States Citizenship is required.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.