: Instrumentation Engineering Technician - Tunnel 9 - 2554A
Grade: MD ET5
US Citizenship Required
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC). National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc.
Work will be performed at the AEDC Hypervelocity Wind Tunnel No. 9 (Tunnel 9) located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Tunnel 9 provides aerodynamic simulation critical to hypersonic system development and hypersonic vehicle technologies at speeds from Mach 7 to Mach 18, a capability unmatched anywhere in the United States
Work will be performed at the AEDC Hypervelocity Wind Tunnel No. 9 (Tunnel 9) located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Tunnel 9 provides a high speed Test & Evaluation capability for the Department of Defense.
Perform the role of an Instrumentation Engineering Technician responsible for installing and maintaining instrumentation used in wind tunnel testing, including pressure, temperature, force, angle, motion measurements. The candidate must have the ability to assemble and disassemble precision mechanical components both in a lab environment as well as in the field. Responsibilities include providing technical support on facility instrumentation, requiring the ability to perform electronic assembly including soldering, crimping, composition of prototype circuits, building cables using Mil-Spec and other instrument connections.
- Interface with Tunnel 9 Engineers to establish and understand requirements for instrumentation configuration design, setup and documentation.
- Fabricate and Install data cables as required to transmit signals form the test article and facility instruments to the data system.
- Operationally qualify to set up and operate facility data acquisition system.
- Perform maintenance, calibrations, upgrades, and documentation of facility instrumentation systems as required.
- Install pressure, strain, and temperature sensors of various types in scale models and facility.
- Use all ordinary tools, capacitance meters, insulation testers, digital volt/ohm meters, scopes and other test equipment
- Communicate activities frequently with the engineering staff to establish facility instrumentation requirements.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain facility instrumentation systems and circuits.
- Support instrumentation system build-up and check-out activities.
- Assemble and configure facility and test articles using precision tools and small fasteners.
- Install support hardware and test articles in the wind tunnel.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two year technical degree in applicable electronics field plus a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in technical instrumentation. Equivalent experience in advanced electronics or other fields pertinent to the position may be substituted for technical degree.
- Current United States Citizenship is required.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.