Job Title: Project Controls Test Schedule Lead
Function: Project Controls
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers
- Develop resource loaded RBA schedules for test projects to support the Work Load and SOC process including logic-ties and realistic operand measures rendering a clear picture of test capabilities
- Lead a group of 2-3 test schedulers across the enterprise providing guidance and oversight to ensure process consistency and customer support.
- Conducts in-depth schedule analysis of Test Projects and their interdependencies to identify and clearly communicate potential areas of asset and/or resource conflict to NAS and Air Force leadership.
- Daily test schedule updates for Branch CTF Operations Officers
- Tracking for TMAS (AF & DOD direct reports) as a request per the customer to know deliverable and maintain communications on those deliverables, as requested
- Oversees and produces the 60-day schedule for each Mission area providing a long‐term schedule outlook that assists with staffing needs and facility preparedness requirements.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing scheduling best practices, mentoring Test project scheduling team and working the Team teams to understand the value of scheduling.
- Support Branch CTFs by provides long-term schedule outlooks that assist with staffing needs and facility preparedness requirements
- Support development of 2-7 year long range TEST plans for each Branch
- Develop Test conditions schedules to assist Mission Integration Group (MIG) with de-confliction process based on precise Test conditions
- Foster AF & DOD relationships in Branches to increase the use of P6 and replace work efforts that result in lost production
- Perform FY operands validity assessments
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS degree plus nine (9) to twelve (12) years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Strong Oracle Primavera P6 experience.
- Current US Citizenship required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels of leadership.
- Strong knowledge of schedule theory.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Assist with establishing criteria for Project Controls activities.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as schedule network software such as Primavera.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.