Job Title: Project Controls Test Scheduler
Function: Project Controls
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Type: Exempt
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers
- Develop, maintain, status and analyze the Integrated Master Schedule within Oracle P6 for Test projects across multiple mission areas. This includes managing at the resource level as well as planned dates and durations.
- Communication and coordination with AF and NAS of schedule changes to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate conflicts.
- Provide monitoring and reporting cost/schedule performance and financial management of one or more projects.
- Prepare resource loaded project schedules that provide the monthly cost forecast.
- Support daily, weekly and monthly schedule reporting requirements.
- Develop with resource curves and resource planning.
- Assist with coordination of test and outage activities that may impact other contractors.
- Support and attend meetings where test and outage schedules are discussed.
- Assists in implementing requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports.
- Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications.
- Instrumental in working with the AF and PMs for change control of Work Load and forecast.
- Manage project schedule baseline and change control.
- Conduct schedule integrity checks and follow through to resolve any issues.
- Maintain integration between P6 and earned value reporting.
- Develop out-year planning as needed.
- Mentors and trains junior staff as needed.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS degree plus seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive and relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Oracle Primavera P6 experience or equivalent scheduling software.
- Current US Citizenship required.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels of leadership.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
- Proficiency in using several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of schedule theory
- Planning and scheduling experience and/or cost management.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.