Rigging Superintendent - 2783
Operations & Maintenance
Position Type: Regular, Full Time
US Citizenship Required:
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. National Aerospace Solutions is a limited liability company comprised of Bechtel National Inc. (as lead company) and Sierra Lobo Inc. with teaming Subcontractors nLogic Inc. and Chugach Federal Solutions Inc. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Rigging Superintendent to join our team in Tullahoma, TN.
- Responsible for supervising and directing multi-discipline craft activities in the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the Mission Execution Directorate including Aeropropulsion, Flight, Space & Missiles, and Technology Innovations Test and/or Plant Facilities to ensure work is executed properly & safely.
- Work with engineers, planners and schedulers to develop work plans and resource requirements, assign work, track work progress to ensure work stays on schedule and within allocated estimates and ensure work executed is performed per applicable safety, engineering, housekeeping and environmental standards as described in work packages and work instructions. Ensure compliance with AEMTC Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Responsible for wage timecard, vacation, and leave program administration.
- Responsible for conflict resolution among employees, counseling/disciplining wage personnel for performance issues and non-conformance of company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for team safety meetings, monitoring craft housekeeping and safety practices while ensuring that the workplace is in compliance with all AEDC, NAS & OSHA standards. Investigates accidents/incidents, completes accident reports and assures that proactive steps are taken to prevent similar type accidents/incidents in the future.
- Ensures assigned O&M, Investment work and/or subcontractors performance are in compliance with specifications, schedules and budgets. Performs general functions inherent in all supervisory positions.
- Review and approve manpower and equipment required to execute rigging tasks.
- Oversee and advise upon rigging activities site-wide across multiple disciplines.
- Ensure lifting and transport tasks are performed safely while complying with NAS and Air Force procedures and local/national safety codes and standards.
- Help develop and maintain rigger qualification and training program.
- Provide training to ensure adherence and understanding of safe equipment usage requirements and practices.
- Review critical lift plans. Develop lower-risk lift plans.
- Oversee the ordering of rigging equipment and supplies for site operation.
- Perform scheduled and random inspections on site equipment and rigging gear to ensure site standards are maintained.
- Oversee equipment mobilization and demobilization.
- Review equipment operating cost budgets.
- Oversee equipment maintenance to ensure cranes and rigging equipment are safe and meet standards.
- Review equipment warranties, performance guarantees, and equipment fitness for use.
- Monitor the activities of subcontractors or vendors to ensure compliance with site procedures and contracts.
- Inspect site for unsafe conditions and practices and take appropriate corrective action to correct breaches.
- May be assigned to any Mission Execution work location/schedule/shift in support of multi-shift O&M work.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 9 to 11 years of progressive and relevant experience in a related field or any equivalent combination of relevant education and progressive and relevant experience.
- Current US citizenship required.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and good communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of multi-discipline construction and or operating functions.
- Thorough knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, and other project-related activities, including the interfaces and interdependencies within Mission Execution Directorate is desirable, but not required.
- Understanding of AEMTC CBA and craft jurisdictional lines.
- Demonstrated skills for motivating, communicating & directing union craft employees from various craft lines.
- Must have the necessary people skills and attitude to fully embrace and support the company position on safety.
- Computer proficient including MS Office, Oracle WAM or other CMMS training and/or prior experience.
- Must be willing to work 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd shift as needed.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and monitor a wide variety of team efforts to their successful conclusion.
- Ability to anticipate change and to adjust promptly and effectively.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.