Electrical Design Engineer – 2841A
Arnold AFB, TN
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
US Citizenship Required
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground, and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
We are looking for Electrical Engineers interested in being part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for designing a new hypersonic test facility at Arnold AFB, TN. The engineers hired into this role will coordinate with multiple departments on the project from concept through commissioning for this new facility, which plays a key role in hypersonic system development.
Electrical Design Engineers are responsible for planning and design of a wide variety of electrical systems including underground/overhead distribution, installation of transformers and switchgear, substations, unit subs, MCCs, plant & building power, lighting systems, fire alarm systems, security systems, communication networks, grounding systems, and lightning protection systems. This includes direct/in-house design for outside contractor installation as well as initiation and support of design/build subcontracts for performance of project scope.
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering from a regionally accredited college or university and one to three years of progressive and relevant engineering experience.
- Current US Citizenship required
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication
- Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards (such as the National Electrical Code and IEEE standards) and design criteria pertinent to the electrical engineering discipline.
- Educational and/or work experience in dealing with electrical systems or electrical components of mechanical systems.
- Developmental experience such as practical work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operations / maintenance in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
- Professional engineering certification.
- Experience writing Scope of Work documents.
- Experience reviewing subcontractor submittals for compliance with design requirements.