Job Title: Facility Systems Analysis & Modeling Engineer - 2873C
Department/Branch: Mission Execution
Functional Branch: Engineering
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Grade Level: 36-37
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS), LLC is the team selected by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment activities at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex, Arnold Air Force Base, in Tullahoma, Tennessee. NAS is committed to partnering with the Air Force and the workforce at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) to drive the change necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the Complex while ensuring mission success: no impact to customers, no loss in data quality, and no reduction in productive test time – ultimately securing AEDC's long-term future and world-class superiority in aerospace and flight testing.
Facility Systems Modeling and Analysis engineering: Facility analysis and system modeling engineers provide tools to assess concepts, analyze expected performance, trouble shoot problems with ground test infrastructure systems used in the execution of ground testing of air and space vehicles at the AEDC. They evaluate, select, and apply standard and custom engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, at times using independent judgement in making adaptations and modifications. They perform work which involves the preparation, interpretation, or review of calculations, specifications, plans, and investigations, develop and apply computational and hardware-in-the-loop systems models.
- Support any Mission Execution area by evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications
- Perform work which involves the preparation, interpretation, or review of multi-disciplined computations and hardware-in-the-loop systems using a first principles approach. Add computational complexity as deemed necessary by work to be performed.
- Apply engineering tools to support capital improvement and maintenance projects.
- Analyze and identify deficiencies in existing system and component level simulations; formulate, implement, and validate improvements to overcome those deficiencies.
- Develop new system and component level simulations and expand capabilities of existing simulations to meet future requirements.
- Develop and validate new computational approaches in the areas of fluid modeling, thermal modeling, numerical algorithms, and code-processing.
- Draft, review, and present results in a written and / or visual format to both technical-detailed and high-level audiences.
- Implement system level models into hardware-in-the-loop architecture; monitor and troubleshoot communication, data-transfer, and feedback-loops between simulation and other components.
- Interact effectively with engineering, management, and craft personnel
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of seven to eleven years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional education may be substituted for experience
- Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of general engineering principles, including basic knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and multidisciplinary modeling and the application of this knowledge to engineering problems.
- Computer-based modeling and simulation skills with emphasis on modeling fluid flows in the subsonic, supersonic, and hypersonic flow regimes.
- MATLAB, Simulink, and / or Simscape experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
- Active Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.